Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kagoshima typhoon 2015/10/20 06:08
Hello.
I am on a flight down to Kagoshima but noticed a few days ago the Koppu typhoon is heading for south Japan.

It seems expected the 25th near Kyushu.

My itienary it planned to leave Kagoshima on the 25th but I start to get worried the Shinkansen wont run if the typhoon is close.

I have been looking for hotels in Fukuoka leaving a day earlier (ending in Nara) but there are none to be found. Osaka area as well is booked out mostly.

I have a suitcase and backpack so not sure how a capsule hotel would work out.. I could send the suitcase of course maybe would work?

Any other suggestions?
by Donguri (guest)  

Re: Kagoshima typhoon 2015/10/20 06:49
This is my favorite site to check the typhoon path because it gives you forecasts up to 5 days:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/weather/typhoon.html

According the the current forecasts, the typhoon will be nowhere near Kagoshima City on the 25th. So, unless it speeds up a lot, shinkansen trains are not going to be cancelled on the 25th.

Even if it were to speed up, note that there is a good chance that it will not hit Kagoshima directly. Furthermore, by the time it will reach the Kagoshima area (if it ever will), it will be a relatively weak typhoon and may not even lead to train cancellations.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread