Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel between Ikaho Onsen and Kusatsu Onsen 2015/10/22 21:00
I plan to take a Jr Kanto highway bus from Shinjuku to Ikaho Onsen for a short visit to Ikaho Stone Steps. After that, I will continue my journey to Kusatsu Onsen and stay there for one night. I have some concerns with regard this itinerary.

1) Is there a bus (beside JR Kanto highway bus) running between Ikaho Onsen and Kusatsu Onsen? If I understand correctly, it is difficult to get on JR Kanto highway bus in the middle of the trip.

2) If there is no bus in 2), what means of travel would you recommend?

3) Is there a coin locker in Ikaho Onsen?

Thank you very much in advance.
by korn88  

Re: Travel between Ikaho Onsen and Kusatsu Onsen 2015/10/23 18:11
Is there a bus (beside JR Kanto highway bus) running between Ikaho Onsen and Kusatsu Onsen? If I understand correctly, it is difficult to get on JR Kanto highway bus in the middle of the trip.

As for the JR Bus, I understand it is not possible to use it between Ikaho and Kusatsu only. In direction of Kusatsu, Ikaho is a stop for getting off only.

The alternative way of travel would be to take a bus from Ikaho to Shibukawa, then a train to Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi and then another bus to Kusatsu. The buses are relatively frequent. The train can be looked up here:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Travel between Ikaho Onsen and Kusatsu Onsen 2015/10/24 18:36
Uji-san, thank you very much for the information.

It seems quite troublesome to me; so, I think I will go directly to Kusatsu Onsen then.
by korn88 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread