Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to wear Tokyo Christmas Season 2015/10/30 22:56
i am planning a trip to Tokyo Kyoto and Osaka this Christmas Season (DEC 24- DEC 31)

What clothing should I bring?

I know it doesnt snow, but how is the weather?

i research clothing options in the web, but its mostly very diverse. Some wearing heavy coats while some are just wearing warm jackets.

Do I need to bring thermals? or layering is just fine?

I have been to Hokkaido last year during Fall (October) and the weather is bearable especially during morning.

Also any other information tips especially on clothing and personal essentials will be greatly appreciated... thanks

Hope you can help me
by HazelB (guest)  

Re: What to wear Tokyo Christmas Season 2015/10/31 09:10
It will depend on how you personally react to cold weather. It will be 10 degrees or below during the day, colder at night (you can look up previous years' weather reports online for an average temperature). For me, that would be a warm coat but not quite thermal weather.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to wear Tokyo Christmas Season 2015/10/31 11:02
Heavy coat and a scarf is standard. Or layering, maybe gloves.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: What to wear Tokyo Christmas Season 2015/11/1 14:43
I would say that the climate in Tokyo Kyoto and Osaka in DEC 24- DEC 31 is pretty much like Hokkaido in October, even if you're talking about southern Hokkaido.

The three cities are on the Pacific side, so when it's sunny it can get quite warm. Additionally, there are a lot of office workers in these cities, so that's probably why you are seeing heavy and seemingly light clothing at the same time.

I would suggest things like (A) ordinary jacket with cashmere and thermal underwear, or (B) bulk coat with cotton shirts. Personally, when I travel in winter to any place, I prefer to wear short-sleeve T-shirt with fleece and down jacket when I travel, because it makes it easier for me to adjust to the different tempratures depending on the room or transportation or street.

Gloves and scarves are must items for me when I travel in cold climate, because they're portable and adjustable.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread