Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto in the November month end 2015/11/4 10:32
Is it worth visiting Kyoto in November month end. If yes, What should be the places we should visit.
by Vishal (guest)  

Re: Kyoto in the November month end 2015/11/4 10:57
Absolutely! Kyoto is worth it any month of the year, but looks truly spectacular with the autumn foliage colours in November.

If you plan to go THIS November, you may be out of luck finding accommodation - places booked out months ago as this is peak season for Kyoto! It will also be very crowded.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in the November month end 2015/11/4 11:04
Yes, but avoid the weekend around the public holiday (the place is booked). You might get some accommodation during the week or the end of the month. Alternatively, stay in Nagoya (rather than Osaka) and the train makes Kyoto less than an hour away (and Nagoya has some good autumn leaf viewing places like Meiji Mura).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in the November month end 2015/11/4 12:56
orrrrr....other good places are Nara (pretty nice in the park with Autumn colours at end Nov) and Uji (very nice, but not many options for accommodation) both of which are very handy to Kyoto.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in the November month end 2015/11/5 03:03
My friend and I went to Kyoto in late-November 2014, and it is absolutely worth it. During this time Kyoto should be at its peak or just over its peak for red leaves viewing.

I agree don't go to the touristy places on the weekends, but frankly when we were there it was busy even on weekdays. My recommendation is to go early in the morning and avoid the crowds. Also, go early because you need to take the city bus for most of the destinations, and they were absolutely packed.

I also recommending staying in Osaka and take the train in the morning to Kyoto if you can't find accommodations.

And yes there are other locations nearby that are just as good. Nara was spectacular and my second favourite spot. Uji was good as well especially for matcha.
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in the November month end 2015/11/5 05:57
I go to Kyoto every year from 21 till 29 November for last 7 years. It is unbelievabable and stunning this period. Nothing can be compared with it all over Japen. Nara and espesially Hase dera and Tanzan shrine are well worth visiting too!
by agspb rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in the November month end 2015/11/5 13:54
check out inside kyoto walks for temple visits if going to nagoya can catch train for $50 one way only one hour away and osaka 1/2 hour from kyoto medium train $6.80 check out hyperdia for routes and times and prices in nagoya end november december nato sato illuminations huge christmas light display and sppa land for huge rollercoasters
by joybe rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in the November month end 2015/11/8 18:09
Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.
by Vishal (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread