Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sagano scenic train service open on 9Dec2015? 2015/11/4 12:45
Hi,

I understood the sagano scenic train service close on Wednesday except holiday and special season. I am traveling there on 9th Dec 2015 (Wed), I am wondering if the service is close or open? Can you help me on that?

Thanks,
Jayson Lim
by Jayson Lim (guest)  

Re: Sagano scenic train service open on 9Dec2015? 2015/11/5 12:35
should be open as fall season and shouldn't close till 30th dec but in japan anything is possible can't promise
by joybe rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano scenic train service open on 9Dec2015? 2015/11/10 14:38
I'm going to Arashimaya on a Wednesday too. 2 Dec which is the autumn period. Can any kind soul tell me if the train will be operating on that day? Is it possible to call JR office to check?
by KellyLau rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano scenic train service open on 9Dec2015? 2015/11/10 15:02
http://www.sagano-kanko.co.jp/schedule.html#content

The above page shows the schedule for November, at present. You can see green 臨 characters showing the they are operating and there is one additional train (臨時列車).

Then click 翌月へ button. You will see the schedule for December. As you see green 臨 until 6th after that most of the days are just white meaning they operates regular trains. On 9, 16, 30 and 31 there are red 休 meaning they don't operate on these days.

So the train will run on 2nd Dec (Wed) but will not run on 9th Dec.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano scenic train service open on 9Dec2015? 2015/11/11 16:20
Thank frog1954 for your help. Going to book my scenic train tickets upon arrival at KIX
by KellyLau rate this post as useful

reply to this thread