Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/4 14:55
I'm planning for a 7 days in Nagoya and below the allocation on number of day spent in each place.

Appreciate your advise, suggestion on the winter activities, any recommendation on the hotels? As I will be taking train so easy access will be good.

Day 1 - Nagoya (any place that I should visit?)
Day 2 - Nagoya
Day 3 - Gero
Day 4 - Takayama (arrive Takayama the morning, visit Hida Furukawa in the afternoon)
Day 5 - Takayama (day trip to Okuhida)
Day 6 - Takayama (visit morning market, afternoon take a bus to Shirakawago)
Day 7 - Nagoya (shopping time)

Gero - between Gero Onsen Fugaku and Suimeikan, which is better? or any other?

Takayama - Spa Hotel Alpina Hida or Takayama Ouan?

Thanks
ah loo
by ah loo  

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/4 17:32
I'll be staying at the Spa Alpina later this month but I have tried a few other places.

In Nagoya, some people rate the castle as a nice one to visit, there is also the Toyota museum (automotive and a commemorative one), and there is the SCmaglev and Railway park - one of the most popular attractions in Japan (for the Japanese). I still haven't got to the planetarium - last time I was there I was at the sumo.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/4 19:31
Regarding the Nagoya part of your visit, there's an extensive list of attractions on the Japan-Guide entry for that city:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2155.html

I was in Nagoya last year, but it was just a 2-day stop out of a cross-country trip so I didn't get to see everything ... although I really loved the few attractions I was able to visit and I'm planning to go back at some point in the future. Some of the highlights:

- Nagoya Castle: https://withinstrikingdistance.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/field-report-n...

- The Tokugawa Art Museum, the Tokugawa-en garden (right next to the museum), and the Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology: https://withinstrikingdistance.wordpress.com/2014/11/09/field-report-n...

- The SCMAGLEV and Railway Park (probably my favourite attraction of them all): https://withinstrikingdistance.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/field-report-n...

If you're into castles, Inuyama is just half an hour from Nagoya by train and might be good for a few hours of sightseeing (https://withinstrikingdistance.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/field-report-i...).

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/4 23:10
The planetarium is in the science museum. Great museum for all ages. I like to munch at the many cafe de crea around town.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/5 12:27
couldn't tell when you were to arrive there if your into rollercoasters check out spaland , if there november december visit nato no sato wonderful display of christmas lights, and for shopping go to mitsu outlet centre near spaland for absolute bargins
by joybe rate this post as useful

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/5 14:39
did you know gero is 45 mins from takayama but 90 minutes from nagoya i think you will be bored spending 3 days tayayama just thing how you could bundle it better long day trip 4-5 hrs there and back for an onsen. you have travelled to kyoto before

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/5 14:40
good site for trip planning is hyperdia shows train routes prices times it may be of some benefit

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/5 16:38
I think 3 nights in Takayama would be good. I normally stay two nights and keep finding more things of interest - I have my third trip this autumn season there later this month (two visits in October) - it's a nice town.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/5 17:30
Yeah, three day in Takayama like suggested in the opening topic is perfectly fine. Why people try to rush through sights always? it reminds me on some Japananese Tourists who wanted to visit whole Europe in one week. They had no time to relax nor enjoy the flavour of specific places. The trip like planned above looks perfectly fine. And if you are bored you still can visit many of nice onsen in this area, which are not too far.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: any sugguestion on winter Itinerary Nagoya 2015/11/5 17:41
about which to chose in Gero - between Gero Onsen Fugaku and Suimeikan,

i didnt stay overnight, so i cant tell about the hotel itself, but i have had the onsen pass and went into the hotels just to check the onsens. i liked suimeikan more from onsen point of view
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread