Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Magome or Tsumago 2015/11/8 18:03
Hi, I am planning a day trip to Magome/Tsumago in Jan 2016 from Nagoya station. I am only able to start the trip from Nagoya at 11am, and given the infrequent bus timings, which should I choose if I only have the time to go to one location?
by LiangZzZ  

Re: Magome or Tsumago 2015/11/8 18:45
I prefer Tsumago slightly over Magome, but both are very enjoyable.

The average Japan Guide user seems to agree with me, giving Tsumago a 90% rating and Magome a 88% rating.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Magome or Tsumago 2015/11/8 22:00
Tsumago is larger and a lot more atmospheric than Magome, and I think the buildings you can enter are also better in Tsumago. I'd definitely choose Tsumago over Magome.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Magome or Tsumago 2015/11/9 03:47
As @Uji & @Rabbityama have said there really is not much between them, either would make a nice stop. Unlike them though I slightly prefer Magome :) Partly because it isnt flat & because the views of the mountains are lovely from there.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Magome or Tsumago 2015/11/9 04:49
Yes, I thought that Magome was more atmospheric, though there isnt much to do in either place. I guess that they are much better on weekends and holidays.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Magome or Tsumago 2015/11/9 06:22
I had a better time in Tsumago than in Magome. I had a very cute and spunky 7 year old salesgirl at a store there and the atmosphere felt better overall as well. Also, it's not as hilly as Magome.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread