Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus or train better from Nagoya to Takayama? 2015/11/9 10:16
Hi, we'll reach Chunbu airport on 17/12/15 morning. We have 2 adults, 2 children (age 10 and 8), 1 infant (below age2), and 2 elderly (age70+). We'll go to Takayama on first day. Can you advise me should we take Shoryuda highway bus 3-days pass or JR pass or any other options? We hope the transport is convenient to us, walk less because it's winter and we have luggages to carry too.
by Lovejapanbaby  

Re: Bus or train better from Nagoya to Takayama? 2015/11/9 10:22
I think it is personal preference. I personally find train travel much more comfortable than bus travel. But bus travel tends to be cheaper. If you have an excessive amount of luggage, I recommend considering a delivery service and send some of the luggage from the airport to your hotel in Takayama:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus or train better from Nagoya to Takayama? 2015/11/9 10:28
I haven't taken the bus but I've done the trip by train a few times. It is my favourite train trip, the track follows the river quite a bit so the views are really nice, especially if you are in the green car up the front where you can see through the driver's room.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus or train better from Nagoya to Takayama? 2015/11/9 11:31
May I know which train pass is recommended? We'll stay 2 nights at Takayama. Is the train depart fr Chunbu airport directly to takayama or I need to take train from Chunbu airport to Nagoya station then transfer to Takayama?
by Lovejapanbaby rate this post as useful

Re: Bus or train better from Nagoya to Takayama? 2015/11/9 11:42
Hi, I just found this - I didn't even know that there is a Chubu airport! https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/cebtrair_takayama.html

I've always taken the train from Nagoya, by the Wideview Hida. As nice of a trip as it is, it looks as though it might be easier for you to go direct from Chubu airport.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread