Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to Hakone Anzan-Sugi 2015/11/14 12:50
Hi Japan lovers,

My wife and I will be travelling from Shinjuku to Hakone Jinja to visit the Anzan-Sugi.

1. May we know is there any other nearby recommended places of interest that we can visit after the Anzan-Sugi (maybe surrounding area) before returning to Shinjuku in the late afternoon or evening?

2. I suppose that getting the Hakone Free Pass will be worth it for our to and fro trip?

Thanks for any advise!
by Blitz SG  

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone Anzan-Sugi 2015/11/18 00:04
Anyone has any advice? :)

Thanks!
by Blitz SG rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone Anzan-Sugi 2015/11/18 00:44
by Aolle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone Anzan-Sugi 2015/11/18 11:32
1. Depends on how much time you want to spend in Hakone - of course you can visit the whole Hakone Shrine complex, then Detached Palace, and Hakone Checkpoint. If you have more time, you can take the cruise boat ride across the Lake Ashi to Togendai, then (currently there is a no-entry zone around Owakudani) take the bus around to Gora, there are many museums around, then take the Hakone Tozan Railway down to Hakone Yumoto for a nice stroll around old hot spring town.
To us Hakone is a 2-day destination (one night stay in Hakone), so there are many things you can do :)

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5204.html
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone Anzan-Sugi 2015/11/19 02:20
Hi Aolle and ...,

Thanks for the replies and help!

We only plan for 1 day in Hakone as we did expect there are so many things to see.

Perhaps in future, we might want to stay here for 1 or 2 nights :)
by Blitz SG rate this post as useful

reply to this thread