Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

So-Net SIM card at Narita 2015/11/16 14:28
I was aiming to get So-Net 2.2GB upon reaching Narita, which I heard should be around 4000 yen . So-Net website appointed Mobile Center at Narita as the distributor (http://www.so-net.ne.jp/prepaid/en/buy/index.html#air03).

When I reached there, the sales lady only gave me a sheet of price list based on quota. There is no So-Net or 2.2GB plan. There's only 1 GB or 3GB. When I asked for So-Net, she just pointed at the price list that it's all they have. I opted for 3GB which cost 6500 yen and the the SIM card given was Docomo.

Does anyone have experience buying So-Net from Narita?

Anyway, the price I paid is almost similar to renting WiFi (for 11 days) and only use it for less than 2GB, so for single person who stays more than 11 days, I think getting SIM card is cheaper than mobile Wifi. It's also very flexible -- no need to handle 2 devices, but battery consumption is very high. I switch it to airplane mode when not using it.
by Moccy  

Re: So-Net SIM card at Narita 2015/11/16 16:32
6500 for a 3GB SIM sounds like a ripoff. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it at the vending machine in Sendai airport but it was definitely at most 5000. (There were no 2.2GB SIMs either.)
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: So-Net SIM card at Narita 2015/11/17 20:52
I think many of the large department store like bic, and some hotels have data cards, and much cheaper.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread