Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Arashiyama 2015/11/16 23:22
I would like to visit Arashiyama from Osaka next week. Which is the fastest and easier route?

And do I have to book the Trolley Train ticket in advance.

Thank You !
by cloh  

Re: Osaka to Arashiyama 2015/11/17 11:02
I would like to visit Arashiyama from Osaka next week. Which is the fastest and easier route?

It fully depends on where in Osaka your trip starts from! Generally speaking, the approach by Hankyu via Katsura Station is very convenient. Likewise, taking the JR Sagano Line from Kyoto Station is convenient.

And do I have to book the Trolley Train ticket in advance.

Trolley Train? Are you referring to the Sagano Scenic Railway? If yes, no, tickets for the train do not need to be purchased in advance. However, there is a risk that the trains are booked out. Therefore, it is recommended to try to make advance reservations. They can be made at JR stations in the Greater Osaka/Kyoto area.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Arashiyama 2015/11/17 22:20
Thank you Uji.

Is Nagoya a good connection to Arashiyama ? I will be in Nagoya for 2 days which may not have very much sightseeing.

by cloh rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Arashiyama 2015/11/18 12:01
Is Nagoya a good connection to Arashiyama ? I will be in Nagoya for 2 days which may not have very much sightseeing.

Despite being further away, it is still an easy connection from Nagoya (Nagoya to Kyoto to Arashiyama) that takes about an hour. In comparison, it can take up to an hour to make the trip from Osaka.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread