Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary check 11 day trip in Kansai 2015/11/22 18:32
I'll be in Japan for cherry blossom season, and I'd like advice on whether the following itinerary is doable, or if it's overly ambitious. This will be my first trip to Japan:

Day 1 - arrive KIX, stay in Osaka overnight
Day 2 - Osaka
Day 3 - train to Koyasan, stay overnight
Day 4 - Koyasan back to Osaka, then Osaka to Hiroshima/Miyajima. Stay overnight
Day 5 - Hiroshima to Kinosaki. Overnight
Day 6 - Kinosaki to Himeji (quick trip to the Castle), then onwards to Kyoto
Day 7 - full day trip to Nara
Day 8 - Kyoto
Day 9 - Kyoto
Day 10 - Kyoto
Day 11 - half day Kyoto, evening flight KIX airport

I'll have the JR Hiroshima/Kansai pass. I'm just wondering if the timing is good, or if I should swap destinations around a bit? Or take out one of the overnight trips, and spend more time in Osaka or Kyoto? Is there anything on this list that you think is not worth visiting or can be shortened to a day trip? Thanks!
by Hana (guest)  

Re: Itinerary check 11 day trip in Kansai 2015/11/23 13:12
Koyasan can be shortened. 2 hours before sunset and 2 hours after sunrise is all that is needed. Part of the fun is waking up pre-dawn and strolling Okunoin and seeing the stars at night. The night illumination is eerie but not horrifying enough to not be fun.

A night out in Osaka is good fun but in the day...
USJ??
Aquarium (If your home country has none)
Castle (Not needed as already going to Himeji)
So... a night in sufficient for Osaka, day not so.

Time is good. Places are good. Added time could be used for... West of Osaka = Okayama or Himeji?? South of Kyoto = Uji or Ise?
Depends how you rearrange your timetable. But even without cutting some parts short, it is still fun enough.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary check 11 day trip in Kansai 2015/11/23 16:06
Thanks JH. I won't be going to Tokyo this time, so Osaka will be my Japanese city experience in lieu; I'd like to soak it up a bit, so opted for a full day. Thanks for the suggestions though!
by Hana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary check 11 day trip in Kansai 2015/11/23 18:34
By the way, if possible, go to Hiroshima on your first night.
It'll save time and trouble. Especially the time just after the flight. people are less energetic. (I know I was, I could only do 2 attractions of Kyoto on first day in Japan instead of my usual 4~5)
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread