Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hi my fiancee is in Japan for last 5 years? 2015/11/23 20:34
Hi my fiancee is in Japan for last 5 years with long term visa , we are getting married next year , will i get the spouse visa or dependent visa in this case ?
by Bharat Negi (guest)  

Re: Hi my fiancee is in Japan for last 5 years? 2015/11/24 07:51
Depends on what you mean with "long term visa". If you refer to "permanent residence", then you get the spouse visa; otherwise, you get the dependent visa.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hi my fiancee is in Japan for last 5 years? 2015/11/24 13:20
Hi Uji thanks a ton for your help , just want to check one thing she is carrying 3 years long term visa now and she is about to complete 5 years in Japan in April 2016 , can she apply for permanent residency and will she get the PR of Japan since she is working for a long time not as a permanent worker in any company but as a part time , she earns around 220000 JPY monthly and pays all the taxes there .
by Bharat Negi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hi my fiancee is in Japan for last 5 years? 2015/11/24 15:10
As a part-time worker with only five years of work history it is unlikely that she would be approved for permenant residency (it varies, but generally immigration wants to see 10 years of full time work, 5 years of marriage to a Japanese national, or a combination of the above with some particular contribution to Japanese society). If she has a working visa, though, and you marry, you will qualify for a dependant visa, which will allow you to work part-time.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hi my fiancee is in Japan for last 5 years? 2015/11/25 20:30
Hi all thanks for your help just want to check one more thing if I get the dependent visa and in future if I get any permanent work employment in Japan then in that case can I apply for the full time work permit visa in Japan itself?
by Bharat Negi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hi my fiancee is in Japan for last 5 years? 2015/11/26 07:34
Yes, you would be able to get a working visa if you get a job that will sponsor one. Many married couples prefer to both have working visas instead of dependent ones because then there is no hourly work limit.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread