Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip planning checkup 2015/11/23 23:27
Hi there,
I just wanted to check with someone if my planning is taking the right path, or if we need to adjust something. This is what we have come up so far, being that the first nights in Tokyo are closed as the last one.

Me and my girlfriend will arrive at Narita airp. on a Wednesday and will stay in Tokyo until Monday (5 nights).
We will take the train to Nikko and stay from Monday to Wednesday (2 nights).
After that the plan is to go the Kiso valley and do the Nakasendo trail, from Wednesday to Friday (2 nights).
We will then travel to Takayama and stay there from Friday do Sunday (2 nights). After that we will travel to Kyoto and stay from Sunday to Thursday (4 nights), staying the last night in Tokyo so we can take the flight home on the next day.

Can someone give some comments and suggestions on that please. Right now it might feel a little bit too much, but I am not sure...

by smaximo  

Re: Trip planning checkup 2015/11/24 12:42
No Kanazawa? :(
Take a day off from Tokyo for it. Will be nice seeing the various museums and old streets.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip planning checkup 2015/11/24 20:07
Hi,
We can't take nights from Tokyo, that's something that is settled. What I am not sure are the nights between Tokyo and Kyoto, if we should invest more on some places instead. We have Nikko, Kiso and Takayama in between, 2 nights each, but are thinking on cutting eventually one of those places and stay more time on the other two. We aren't sure which would be if we take that option though...
by smaximo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread