Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quitting/Losing a job 2015/11/24 15:45
OK, so here is my understanding thus far, please let me know if I am correct.

Quitting:
I give my 2 months notice as advised from my contract.

I go to the immigration office (where I got my zairyuu card) and inform them I won't have a job from so and so day within 2 months of actually ending my job.

They say, OK, get out of our country within 3 months or find another job. (Do they take my zairyuu card or stamp something in my passport or something?)

I find another job and continue on my work visa which I had from my previous company.

by donnysf  

Re: Quitting/Losing a job 2015/11/24 17:09
YOu got it somewhat wrong.

You give to your employer your 2 months notice (that is in accordance with your contract, I understand) for wishing to leave the company.

AND only after you have actually left the employer, you need to inform immigration of the employment status change, within 14 days of your resignation (not from your notice).

If you find another job in the same category, and you get employed, you inform immigration of the new employment status.

About the process of resident status revocation, if ever, (well, see, they don't say get out of the country within 3 months...) see Firas' explanation on your other thread:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+130916
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread