Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/24 23:41
Hi, So I was planning on ordering pizza on pizza hut online. I planned to order on friday at around 9 AM because I got friends coming over at around 10 or 11. I checked their website and their stores usually open at 11AM. Does that affect delivery as well? So do I have to wait till 11 AM to be able to order or can I order at 9 and have it delivered 30mins-1hr after? Please help, thanks!
by Rachel (guest)  

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/25 10:51
Before the store opens they won't pick up your call.
by amenoshita rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/25 14:43
You can pre-order online for the staff to see when they get in but they won't start making pizzas till their open, so the earliest you can schedule delivery for is 1130-45.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/25 20:18
The Pizza delivery is nornally between 11:00 - 24:00(sometimes 25:00).
You can make a pre-booking by online or phone in advance. But the restaurant opens at 11:00(normally), so it will be delivered around 11:30 - 12:30.
They will deliver in 30-40 mins after the order in my past experience.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/26 12:38
I hope you've also noticed that home delivery pizza is very expensive in Japan!!! ;)
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/26 15:46
I hope you've also noticed that Pizza Hut makes terrible pizza.

Pretty much any pizza chain in Japan has better pizza.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/26 22:14
As suggested, you can't have your pizza until it's almost noon, but then who'd want to eat pizza at 10 or 11 in the morning? For one thing, who'd want to eat meals at 10 or 11?

In Japan, as well as in a lot of countries I've traveled to, people have breakfast before 10 the latest, and then lunch at 11:30 the earliest, and in between that you either just have tea or a very light snack.

If you're having friends over at 10 or 11, that usually means that you serve drinks, have a chat, maybe do some recreation such as take a walk or play games, and then you have lunch. Or if the visit is planned to be short, that means that they are going to leave before lunch time so that it won't be a burden for the host and so that they can have lunch with their families at home.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/27 12:26
As suggested, you can't have your pizza until it's almost noon, but then who'd want to eat pizza at 10 or 11 in the morning? For one thing, who'd want to eat meals at 10 or 11?

It's called brunch?

What's with this thread and everybody telling the OP what to do? Sandy, maybe it's expensive, but if OP wants to do it, what good is your comment to him? And some people might like Pizza Hut, Umami Dearest. Personally, I'd take Pizza Hut over Pizza La any day. I'm not sure what the point of your comment is. So you don't like Pizza Hut... okay? Obviously the OP does. Or perhaps that's the only place that will deliver to their house.

And Uco, not only do plenty of people eat during that time (me included), but my sister in law has a tradition with her late father of eating cold pizza for brunch. Not to my taste, but there could be many reasons to order pizza before 11am. I don't understand why you felt it necessary to lecture?

by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/27 13:37
Gee, somebody pushed your buttons, scarreddragon. It looks like people here are just trying to be helpful, in Uco's case explaining Japanese customs, and in my case warning someone off terrible pizza. Perhaps OP recognizes the Pizza Hut name and it didn't occur to them that there might actually be decent, edible pizza in Japan.

Personally, I'd take Pizza Hut over Pizza La any day.

I applaud your bravery in admitting that embarrassing fact.

It's called brunch?

Er, no. Brunch is Eggs Benedict and Mimosas at 1pm, after a late night out, not crappy pizza mid-morning.

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/27 15:24
Answer by vita and tokyofriend48 is the best.
Most pizza shop will only start make and bake once they open shop.

Guess like someone button did got pushed by replying.

A simple yes no or explanation about delivery should be enough. To some it can be annoying.

Scarreddragon, thank you.

Anyway I only tried Domino, and it's not bad. Lookout for their buy one get one offer., if there's one near you.

by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/27 23:22
Thank you Umami Dearest. Right, I didn't mean to lecture. I was just trying to guess the friends' intention. But being it pizza, maybe I was being too casual. Anyway, I hope the OP had a great sunny friday with her friends!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Pizza Delivery in Japan 2015/11/28 12:25
Anyway, I hope the OP had a great sunny friday with her friends!

Same here!

reply to this thread