Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Current weather in takayama 2015/11/26 16:10
Hi everyone..
I know this sound silly but can anyone please update me the actual weather condition in takayama now?. I read in the Facebook that it will start snowing this Friday (27th November 2015) but I find it hard to believe...I will be in takayama on the 3 December so I just wanted yo be sure of the weather.
Thanks.
by Skenki (guest)  

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/11/26 16:35
snow is predicted by the JMA
http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/yoho/328.html
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/11/27 09:06
When I was there this week it was cool and a bit wet, with snow forecast for today. Today is still forecast for snow http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.1.47617
but with rain on 3rd and 4th it might not last.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/11/27 13:56
In today's Facebook update,, it has it snow fall already...
Thanks everyone
by Skenki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/11/29 04:16
I will be in Takayama on 21st Dec. Is there a good chance to see snow then?
by Gee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/12/23 23:01
Hello,

I am in Takayama now. There is no snow. Juz heavy rain today. My hubby rented a car and we drive to shiragawa-go from Kanazawa and back to Takayama. There is no issue at all. Just drive slower as the roads are not brightly lighted like Singapore.
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/12/24 00:16
Jo, the OP was there 3 weeks ago.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/12/24 12:30
Hi, I was at Takayama on 3 - 5 December. On the 5th Dec, it started to snow heavily in the morning. It was rather rare to snow early during that time accordingly to the locals. Afterwhich, it stopped snowing. I'm not sure about whether you can see snow but I was excited to see snow at an unexpected date. So just be prepared for uncertainties. Anyway, the weather in Japan was rather unpredictable this year I think.
by Bigfoot27 rate this post as useful

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/12/24 21:27
I was there this week (again), and while it did get to -1C, it was mostly warm and no snow. The trip to Shirakawa-go also had no snow - only a few patches left over from earlier falls.

This season it is warmer than usual, forecast is for some snow within the next week last time I looked.

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/12/24 22:51
You people are answering to people who already have been there, way before you answered.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Current weather in takayama 2015/12/25 06:25
You people are answering to people who already have been there, way before you answered.

A lot of people read the forums and like to know or to have up-to-date information. The dates for the original post are not relevant at this stage. It is more practical to add to this particular thread than start another one.

reply to this thread