Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Wide Pass or Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/11/26 23:13
Hi,
We will arriving in NRT and staying in Sheraton Miyako Minato-ku. We will fly back from NRT. Staying for 5 days mostly in Tokyo and may be Yokohama. Pls advise which is better for us. JR wide pass or Tokyo Subway Pass 3 days + return limo bus.

Thanks
W
by W (guest)  

Re: JR Wide Pass or Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/11/27 11:24
Firstly, what is a JR Wide Pass? Would you happen to refer to Tokyo Wide Pass by JR? If so, then it would not pay off. You need to go further away and explore Japan, not just visit a neighboring city for it to pay off.
So naturally, the latter option is more worth your time.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Wide Pass or Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/11/27 13:01
Thanks JH.
I'm referring Tokyo Wide Pass.
by W (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Wide Pass or Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/11/27 20:47
it's really hard to consider whether the Tokyo subway pass will really pay off, the Tokyo wide pass is out, can you list the places/area you intend to visit, and unless you visit 4-5 place per day, it's best to get a suica IC card instead.

Use hyperdia and work out the places you want to visit and see if it covers the cost, and since you paid enough for the trip I suppose those extra cost doesn't make any different.

I can suggest you try the skyliner and Tokyo subway package, also available from 1-3 days, the package can be single or return trip back to narita.

http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/subway...
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Wide Pass or Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/11/27 21:59
Thanks Kms.
The skyliner return with 3 days subway pass cost \5,400 get me faster to my hotel however I'll big luggage me.
The airport limo bus return with 3 days subway pass cost \6,000, takes longer to my hotel.

I'll visit 2-3 places in a day.

by W (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Wide Pass or Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/11/27 22:49
sorry a slight wrong information, I mean 4-5 journey a day, so I suppose it will pay off if you do consider the 3 day pass with skyliner return package.

I've used the skyliner twice with a 28 inch luggage a return package and also a single way package with a NEX, I'm ok with that, and they are not usually packed.

You have 5 days in Tokyo, do plan where to go, and when you intend to start the day ticket, it is valid for 3 conservative day if you choose the 3 day package..
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread