Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yamanote Line JR East Pass 2015/11/26 23:59
I am planning to buy a 5 days flexi JR east pass as we will be going from Tokyo to Nagano. Before we do that, we are in Tokyo for several days, staying in Shinagawa. I understand with the JR East 5 day pass, we can use the Yamanote line. But will using the Yamanote line count as using up a day on the pass? It isn't clear from the website if the Yamanote line counts. Thanks!
by Sharon L. (guest)  

Re: Yamanote Line JR East Pass 2015/11/27 10:17
Why wouldn't it count? If you are using the pass, you are using the pass.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Yamanote Line JR East Pass 2015/11/27 10:27
If the pass is valid for five days, then you can only use it for five days. If you activate it early to use on the Yamanote Line, you will "lose" day/s on the pass.

Note that the days are calendar days, i.e. if you activate the pass at midday it still expires at midnight on the fifth day.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamanote Line JR East Pass 2015/11/27 11:48
The Tokyo-Nagano-Tokyo trip will cost Y16000 on the Shinkansen. You will need to do many trips on the Yamanote line and/or other JR lines around Tokyo to make it worth the cost.
Another fairly long trip will make it worthwhile.
Maybe the Chuo line out to Ohtsuki or the Shinkansen to Utsunomiya, then regular JR train to Nikko, or - - - ?
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread