Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Hotaka Ropeway from Takayama? 2015/11/27 01:12
Hi, I will be travelling to Takayama on 13 Dec from Nagoya and depart for Shirakawago on the next day. Besides this, I am quite interested to visit Shin-Hotaka Ropeway also but just to find out whether it is possible to make a day trip from Takayama on 13 Dec? Will i manage to buy a bus ticket to Shin-Hotaka without online reservation after arrive at Takayama Station?
by Wong (guest)  

Re: Shin-Hotaka Ropeway from Takayama? 2015/11/27 20:47
I checked Nohi Bus website:
http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/hirayu_shinhotaka.html
According to the timetable, buses are available at every hours.
So, I'm sure that you can make round trip in one day.
It seems that no resevation is required for Takayama-Shinhotaka Line. However I recommend to call Nohi Bus Reservation Center at +81 577 32 1688 which is available at between 9:00 and 18:00.
Please be noted that Shin-Hotaka Ropeway is not in service from November 30 thru December 4 due to maintenance work.
by Hiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Hotaka Ropeway from Takayama? 2015/12/10 19:11
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Normally how many hours recommended to spend at Shinhotaka? I am a bit worried that it will be too rush for us to go back to Takayama, haha...But there's another question, I noticed there's one of the Takayama to Shinhotaka Ropeway Combo 2 day tickets about 5150 Yen which include return bus ride + return ropeway tickets that can be purchase at Takayama JTB office. I am just wondering is there anyone who had been purchase this combo tickets before?
by Gerriez (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Hotaka Ropeway from Takayama? 2015/12/10 23:24
I've just been at Takayama a few weeks ago.
It's a really lovely town to explore by foot.
I'm wondering why don't you spend your whole day and 1 night in Takayama
by Pat (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Hotaka Ropeway from Takayama? 2015/12/12 17:05
Pat has a good point - Takayama is a very rewarding place to wander around for a day or more.

However, the view (weather permitting) from the ropeway and platform gives a taste of the grandeur of the mountains.

It was a half-day trip from Hirayu onsen for me, so I'd suggest that it'd be most of a day from Takayama. The bus change at Hirayu, and waiting for the two cable cars up and back and the two buses back means that patience is required.

If you want to see mountains more than culture, then it is a good option if the weather is clear (the other would be Kamikochi). I wouldn't go if the weather forecast was poor.

by insecteater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread