Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Rokko Cable Car & Shin-Kobe Ropeway 2015/11/28 18:38
Hi,

Is it possible to take Mt. Rokko Cable Car going up & Shin-Kobe Ropeway going down?

Can you recommend a 1 day itinerary trip for Kobe? What to do, where to go, where to eat?

Thanks in advance.

Sheryl
by Sherylou  

Re: Mt. Rokko Cable Car & Shin-Kobe Ropeway 2015/11/29 08:34
I'm not local citizen in Kobe. But once I used Shin Kobe Ropeway. In my recognition, this ropway is quite independent. It might be difficult to access to the ropeway after you go up with Mr.Rokko Cable Car.

My recommendation is ;

Mt. Rokko Cable Car ---- ( Rokko-Maya Sky Shuttle Bus ) ---- Maya Ropeway Sanjo Station -- ( Maya Ropeway ) -- Maya Cable Station -- (Kobe City Bus No.18) ---- Sannomiya station of JR and Hankyu Line.

After you reach, Sannomiya station, there are many variety to enjoy Kobe Beef restaurant, nice harbor view area ( Meriken Park) with good restaurants, Kitano area with traditional western style architectures and Kobe China Town (Nankin Machi).

I suggest you to visit the web site of " Feel Kobe ". Easy to find out English site from Google or other search engines
by minochage rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Rokko Cable Car & Shin-Kobe Ropeway 2015/11/29 12:30
As for a full day activity... Sure you don't want to go to nearby Himeji and rather spend the whole day in Kobe?

If so, start the day at Kobe water front. You can see the earthquake museum and walk along the sake breweries.

In the afternoon, go to the Kitano area (for snacks) walking via and having lunch at the Sannonimya area. A number of fast food, mid-scale diners, and expensive Wagyu restaurants are in this area.

Walk the flower road (Road from Sannomiya to Shin-Kobe station) to see some of the local downtown areas of Kobe.

Take a bus and cable car to the mountains for some trekking and for the views of Kobe/Osaka.

At night, view the rainbow bridge.

Another option is to take a ferry as the view from the sea of Kobe is said to be pretty. (more so at night)

Yet another, is to skip Kitano area and spend your time trekking from the base of the Maya/Rokko to the top. You can see a mini waterfall and some flowers if memory serves.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Rokko Cable Car & Shin-Kobe Ropeway 2015/11/30 10:21
Thanks for the input guys. Will look into your suggestions. :)
by Sherylou rate this post as useful

reply to this thread