Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

First Salary 2015/11/29 00:04
When does a japanese company usually give first salary?

Lets say the salary day is every 25th, then should I receive a salary for this month or do i have to wait for next month?

I ask because companies in my country usually give first salary on the 2nd month, wonderingif the same in japan
by soontobetokyogirl (guest)  

Re: First Salary 2015/11/29 10:54
Office workers are normally get paid on the 25th every month.
However, trades man such as builders, and service workers such as cookers who wok in labor and hospitality industry are get paid on the 1st - 5th following month.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: First Salary 2015/11/29 20:21
Most likely the full salary will be received on the second month. I was paid only a half-month's salary on the first month (the cut-off date for each month is on the 15th, and I started working on the 1st). Some company might/might not do that and just pay you on the second month...it depends.
by M.Seirin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: First Salary 2015/11/29 22:55
It depends on your company and contract.
Some pay on 15th, some on 25th, some at the end of month.
Some pay on payday in the very month you started working and some pay next month.
Check your contract.
by amenoshita rate this post as useful

Re: First Salary 2015/11/30 05:27
It depends when the cut off date for the month is.
For example, if the cut off date is the 15th, and you started working on the first, then you would be paid on the 25th from the 1st to 15th.
However if you started working on the 16th, then your first pay would be the 25th of the next month.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread