Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Sapporo by JR Pass overnight 2015/11/30 16:21
I have bought JR pass ticket. And I would like to go to Sapporo from Tokyo.I plan to travel at night.Could you describe to me about sleeptrains by using JR pass ticket ,please?

P.S. I have searched in website trains timetable (hyper...) but I have not found it.

by Jantk  

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by JR Pass overnight 2015/11/30 18:32
Before March 26, you can take the Shinkansen to Shin-Aomori, then a local train to Aomori and the Hamanasu to Sapporo. Last possibl departure from Tokyo 18:20, arrival in Sapporo 06:07. From March 26, it will no longer be possible as night trains to Hokkaido will be discontinued.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=TOKYO&arv_node=SAP...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by JR Pass overnight 2015/11/30 19:59
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by JR Pass overnight 2015/11/30 20:26
So many thank you for the detail.It's very helpful.
I will travel on 13 Jan 2015.So I and my friends tried to find Hamanasu line but we didn't found it until now.Thank you very much.

Sincerely
by Jantk rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by JR Pass overnight 2015/11/30 20:49
Sorry to disturb you again.
I found the route that travel by night train like you have sent to me only in this year but in Jan there's not. Is there any changing about night train?
Thank you
by Jantk rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by JR Pass overnight 2015/11/30 21:13
As indicated at the bottom of the search result page, Hyperdia's information is presently valid until December 31. To obtain information for January, consult Hyperdia when it is updated, or some other source. That said, there should not be any major change.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by JR Pass overnight 2015/12/1 07:48
Note also that due to preparation works for the Hokkaido Shinkansen, the Hamanasu will not operate on the following days:
12/31
1/1
2/14
2/21
3/22
3/23
3/24
3/25
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Sapporo by JR Pass overnight 2015/12/1 10:03
By coincidence, JR East just posted the following English press release today:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pdf/tsugarukouji_kokuchi.pdf