Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/1 17:24
Hi I am In Australia and we are discussing Muslims in Japan we have posts on Facebook that say japan is very strict about Muslims we would like to know if this is true
Thank you
by Stewart (guest)  

Re: Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/1 19:20
Yes, there is a sizable Muslim community in Japan (mostly people from Southeast Asia). Like everyone else, they find that life in Japan has its good and bad sides, you can find quite a lot of information on this subject from your favourite search engine.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/1 20:32
According to wikipedia, the number of Muslims in Japan is reported from 120,000 to 180,000.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E3%81%AE%E5%AE%97%E6%...
Japan' s population is 120,000,000, so it is the order of just 0.1%. The consequence is that we lack enough knowledge of Muslims. This means that it would be hard for Muslims to get good understandings from other Japanese in Japan. Moreover, we Japanese do not care about religion itself. Most of us take Shinto
and Buddhism as customs. Many celebrate Christmas, St Valentine's day, and Halloween. We could not imagine how strict the religious faith is.

by Luisjp rate this post as useful

Re: Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/1 20:50
Of course some Muslims live in Japan. People are free to worship any religion here without discrimination.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/1 20:53
Yes, Muslims live here. I live in a mid-size city in Japan (not big cities like Tokyo, Osaka) but there are more than a handful of Muslims that I personally know, not to mention the actual number of them that actually exists here.

Not sure what you meant by Japan is very strict about Muslims. Immigration laws here aren't based on religion. It's based on your credentials and qualifications like many other nations.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/1 22:46
Stewart,

I think I know which facebook post you're talking about. Those kind of rubbish are all over the internet (not only about Muslims, but all kinds of political stuff), and it's actually very easy to tell that they are lies. In other words, unfortunately, they are aimed to brainwash people who don't even care to try to find out the truth.

The one I saw had many things listed about how Japan is supposed to be treating Muslims, and as far as I know all of them were false. On the thread I personally saw, people all over the world were laughing about how untrue the list was.

Yes, Muslims live in Japan, Muslims married to the Japanese live in Japan, there are big Mosques in Japan, and here is a whole Wikipedia page on Islam in Japan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Japan
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/2 08:47
Yes there is a big thing on Facebook at the moment saying Japan doesn't have terrorism because of the way they treat Muslims. Its all crap. Muslims live here, yes they have their own mosques.

The only thing that was vaguely true is that Muslims must follow Japanese law. But then so does everyone. So its a stupid point.

The reason Japan hasnt had terrorism so far is because Most Muslims are peaceful people just living their lives like the rest of us.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/2 12:43
Most Muslims are peaceful people just living their lives like the rest of us.

That I certainly agree! And in fact, I've never seen non-peaceful Muslims in any country that I've traveled to. It's unfortunate that a limited group of terrorists make it seem like they represent the whole Muslim population around the world.

By the way, Japan has had terrorism in the recent decades and that was not done by Muslims or immigrants. Anyway, most of the lies out there are very tricky, so it's very important not to jump to conclusions.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Do muslims live in Japan? 2015/12/3 08:17
Hello Stewart

i am Muslim recently i get a visa of Japan there is issue for me that i am muslim.they have some kind of formality of paper so i provide it to the immigration and they issue a visa for me..here in Japan there is no concept that muslims are terrorists---even when ever i visit to Halal Shop i see Japanese are buying from there and muslims have there own mosques they are free to pray there---

and by the way people are moderate now they have very good concept most of the people believe that Muslims are good they are not involve in terrorism -its fake news dear if you want you can come here to Japan there is no problem in that--

one more thing i will share it with you that few days back i go for japanese language class it was my ist day and when my teacher asked my name i called my name--she understand that i am a muslim---then she bring a map for me that where is my country in that where i am living in which city----she is to much friendly to me and she want that i write her name on her personal dairy in arabic so i do that she is to much happy--and also few more teachers are talking to me in break time even they can not understand english to much but they response me well..
by Malik Sahib (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread