Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/4 01:22
hi do i follow this timetable and drop at the monkey snow park from nagano station as mentioned in the right column???
by Lianjie (guest)  

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/4 10:18
Here is the timetable in effect as of tomorrow, December 5:
http://www.nagadenbus.co.jp/robus/2015fuyu/shigawin.htm
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/4 13:38

drop at the monkey snow park from nagano station

I doubt the bus will drop you at the Monkey Park.

The bus will stop at Kanbayashi Onsen Guchi bus stop, and from there, you need to walk about 25 minutes to the Monkey park itself.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/4 14:37
Keep in mind that the bus stop has been renamed "Snow Monkey Park"and is indeed about a 20 minute walk from the park entrance.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/4 16:06
Average people will require more like 30 minutes from the "Snow Monkey Park" bus stop to the entrance of the park.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/12 14:01
is there a need to make a reservation for the bus or can I just take the bus straight away? thanks!
by lianjie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/12 15:47
bus reservation is not possible as far as I know (I've never reserved it). I was advised of a new timetable https://www.facebook.com/KameseiRyokanEn/photos/a.498248043520782.1215... by my local ryokan owner.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/30 13:00
I have question.
I will go to Monkey park with my parents (60 yrs old) and my kids (6 and 8 yrs old).
Since we need to walk from bus stop to entrance, is it ok to my parents doing so? i am afraid that they will tired.
i need your reviews regarding this.
tq..
by Nurul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/30 13:43

i am afraid that they will tired

60 is not old, unless they have some health issue.
The walk is pleasant, about 30 minutes, or more if you take your time.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bus from nagano to monkey park 2015/12/30 16:20
In winter, take your time. I visited the park yesterday and the path was pretty slippery in places as it had snowed overnight and it was below 0C much of the time.

A new feature I saw this trip was the sale of slip-on crampons (shoe spikes) for Y1500 from the shop at the beginning of the main path (where the road runs out). This might be useful - I saw a few people with them, but most people did not bother. There were some people slipping over.

From the bus stop to the park is around 2km, and 1.6km through the forest. The oldest person I have taken there was 70-ish but he managed. Fit people can do the walk fairly quickly - 20 minutes is doable.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread