Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2015/12/16 03:32
Understand that the JR Tokyo Wide Pass only cover as far up to Sakudaira only, so i will have to top up and buy the Sakudaira-Nagano portion.

Can i buy the unreserved ticket for the Sakudaira-Nagano leg on the Kagayaki even if this train do not actually stop in Sakudaira?

My intended route is from Tokyo Station to Nagano Station.
by shev (guest)  

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2015/12/16 06:32
Can i buy the unreserved ticket for the Sakudaira-Nagano leg on the Kagayaki even if this train do not actually stop in Sakudaira?

No! The Kagayaki has only reserved seating. I am not sure whether it can be used with the Tokyo Wide Pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2015/12/16 08:49
Thank you. Didn't realize kagayaki train is only reserved seating.

In that case, can I buy the unreserved seat(sakudaira-nagano) on the Hakutaka train that doesn't have a stop in Sakudaira? Or I can only buy on train that actually must have a stop in Sakudaira even though I actually originate from Tokyo?
by shev (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2015/12/16 11:22
In that case, can I buy the unreserved seat(sakudaira-nagano) on the Hakutaka train that doesn't have a stop in Sakudaira?

I am pretty sure that this is possible.

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2016/1/15 11:09
I would like to tap on this question. I am also planning to go Nagano as part of my trip to Karuizawa , using the JR Tokyo Wide Pass (will go Yudanaka for snow monkey first then back to Karuizawa). How can I continue to Nagano with the same Shinkansen I am already on like Hakutuka 555 or Asama 605 from Tokyo?

thanks
by Sally (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2016/1/17 10:15
Just like discussed above: by buying a ticket for an unreserved seat from Sakudaira to Nagano. This can be done at any JR ticket office in Japan. Travel by reserved seat would introduce several complications (and possibly a higher supplement fee) especially if the train does not stop in Sakudaira.

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2016/1/20 15:51
Hi Uji, just to clarify, i can just go to JR office, buy the Tokyo Wide pass and concurrently buy the non-reserve ticket to/fro from Saku-daira to Nagano. This means I can take the same Shinkansen all the way from Tokyo to Nagano/Nagano to Karuizawa without need to alight at Saku-daira? Then what ticket I should use/show the ticket officer when I exit at Nagano/Karuizawa?

Thanks for advise.
Sally
by sally (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2016/1/20 18:38
Inside the pass's coverage area, use the pass. At Nagano, just insert your ticket in the automated ticket gates to exit. If it doesn't work, show it at the manned ticket window, there should be no need to show your pass.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass to Nagano 2016/1/25 17:39
hi Firas,
Got it.
Thanks, Sally
by sally (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread