Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visiting Mount Hangetsuyama in Mid-March 2015/12/31 20:25
Hello all,

I read the page of Mount Hangetsuyama on this website. It says that the road between Hangetsuyama Observation deck and Chuzenjiko Onsen (known as Chuzenjiko Skyline) is closed between Nov and Mid-April.

Now, I want to visit Hangetsuyama Observation Deck (for photography opportunities) in Mid March and it seems that my best bet is go hiking to Hangetsuyama Observation Deck.

My questions are:

1.) where is the trail map for Hangetsuyama Observation deck? Where is the starting point I meant?

2.) How long is this hiking take? I know that it is quicker to go to observation deck by bus/road but since road is not open in Mid-March after all..

Thank you very much.

by Ironman1 (guest)  

Re: Visiting Mount Hangetsuyama in Mid-March 2016/1/1 09:47
Depending on snow conditions, it could be dangerous.

1.) where is the trail map for Hangetsuyama Observation deck? Where is the starting point I meant?

Here you go:
http://www.nikko-kankou.org/model/hiking/pdf/course7.pdf
http://sanbonmatsu.moon.bindcloud.jp/_src/502006/sign.jpg

2.) How long is this hiking take? I know that it is quicker to go to observation deck by bus/road but since road is not open in Mid-March after all..

About two hours one way from the Chuzenji Temple. Fast hikers could do it in 90 minutes one way. When there is snow, then you should cancel the hike.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Mount Hangetsuyama in Mid-March 2016/1/2 00:19
Thank you very much for the answering and pictures, as those are much appreciated.

I will take your advice that I won't undertake this hike if there is a snow. If there is a snow, I'll save this trip for better time (ie Summer or Autumn).

Thanks again.
by Ironman2 rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Mount Hangetsuyama in Mid-March 2016/1/2 09:29
Note that this is considered a medium-difficult hike. Make sure to bring proper shoes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread