Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taketomi ferry tickets 2016/1/3 10:02
Hi,

In February, I'll be going to Ishigaki island, and wanted to visit Taketomi island as well. I wanted to go by ferry (how else) and found their website:

http://www.ishigaki-dream.co.jp/languages/e_tp.html

I didn't manage to figure out where to buy tickets. All I can find is this cargo sales office:

https://goo.gl/maps/eEJJ5ofWE7E2

It seems like the right company to go with. I saw some buses from the same company as well, but as my hotel is at spitting distance, I won't be needing them...

So can anyone confirm where I need to be, to buy a ticket? Cheers!
by thany  

Re: Taketomi ferry tickets 2016/1/3 14:13
There is no need to purchase in advance. Just buy them at the ferry terminal in Ishigaki.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Taketomi ferry tickets 2016/1/4 09:18
I understand, but where should I be to do that?
I just don't wanna waste time looking for the ticket office, and it doesn't seem obvious...
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Taketomi ferry tickets 2016/1/4 09:23
You can't miss the ticket counters, they are right in front of you when you enter the ferry terminal building (by the main entrance). There are several ferry companies but don't worry, you can buy your ticket from any of them, they all pool their resources for the main routes.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Taketomi ferry tickets 2016/1/4 10:28
Yeah I see it now (on GMaps), sorry. I should be on the other side of the harbour, where there's a giant terminal building clearly aimed at passengers. Apparently the side I was looking at (the southeast side), is meant for freight and such.

I got there because the ferry lines on GMaps lead there... Sorry about that, but hopefully this will come in handy for anyone else :)
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Taketomi ferry tickets 2016/1/4 10:48
Yes, the ferry terminal you want is on the nothern side, the one on the southern side is for the more remote islands (Yonaguni and Hateruma). Actually, I also got it wrong the first time I was there...
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread