Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kinosaki onsen 2016/1/5 20:01
Hi,

A few questions here.. hope someone can give opinion.

1) For someone who is neutral to onsen (not a fan but does not dislike), is Kinosaki onsen worth an overnight stay or would a half day trip be enough time to enjoy the onsen and food there?

2) Would it be too rushed to combine trips to Amanohashidate and Kinosaki onsen into a day trip?

Hope someone can reply. Thanks in advance!
by ch_ (guest)  

Re: Kinosaki onsen 2016/1/5 20:14
1) For someone who is neutral to onsen (not a fan but does not dislike), is Kinosaki onsen worth an overnight stay or would a half day trip be enough time to enjoy the onsen and food there?

I may be biased but I think Kinosaki should be done on an overnight so that you can fully enjoy the town atmosphere, which is more than just the bathing.

2) Would it be too rushed to combine trips to Amanohashidate and Kinosaki onsen into a day trip?

That would be too rushed in my opinion. Either can be done in a daytrip but both would be too much.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki onsen 2016/1/5 22:04
Thanks for the reply! I will reconsider my itinerary!
by ch_ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki onsen 2016/1/7 15:23
Been to kinosaki.
I didn't like my accommodations. It was basically a smoking chimney. I asked for nonsmoking room and they said yes, ok no smoking, yet there was an ashtray.

If you are neutral about onsen. I would choose another town like shibuonsen where you can hike up to see the monkeys in onsen. It is very rural but the mountain air is fresh. I liked the onsen eggs you can buy in front of the hotels at night.
by Bebe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki onsen 2016/1/8 01:59
Doing both Amanohashidate and Kinosaki Onsen is a bit rushed if done in a day, but we did it, and we enjoyed every second! However, we are used to a fast pace. Others may not. You have to decide.

You say, "day trip?" You mean do both as a day trip from, say, Kyoto? Then, that would be impossible.

As yllwsmrf says, you really should overnight in Kinosaki. Lots of fun there. Amanohashidate is "only" worth the two to three hours stop.

Going from Kyoto to Kinosaki with a stop at Amanohashidate definitely requires advanced planning. But definitely doable.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki onsen 2016/1/8 02:25
I definitely loved Kinosaki Onsen!
You should do it as a over night trip and try if you can do all 7 onsens. We only had enough time for only 3 though as we also took time to enjoy our ryokan as well. I recommend Mikuniya Ryokan as they are a smaller inn, means less people. They also have private onsen you can reserve as many times as you need. The Kaiseki Dinner was amazing and the Japanese breakfast was also very good. http://www.kinosaki3928.com/english/

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Kinosaki onsen 2016/1/8 05:54
In April 2014 from Kyoto I went first to Amanohashidate for a couple of hours then on to Kinosaki onsen for the night. There are not many trains between them.....

I also stayed at Mikuniya - and I didn't notice a smoky smell....it does seem that many ryokan do not offer no-smoking accommodations....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread