Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/6 07:57
I am having trouble with the Ana Japan experience website bec it is inaccurate.
I tried calling the call centre and I was directed to the website which I mentioned is inaccurate.

I am flying from HND to ISG.
From ISG, please advise where I can fly to (1 leg- direct flight)
Website says I can fly directly to Hakata, but when I tried to book, I am charged 2 segments, that's not a direct flight.

Looks like I can only fly direct (1leg) to KIX or Nagoya. Bad for me, bec my 7 day jr pass would not be worth it.

Please advise if you know where I can fly directly from ISG. Departure date Jan19/2016.

Thanks!
by Harry (guest)  

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/6 09:53
I'm having a little difficulty confirming it, but it seems that direct flights between Ishigaki and Fukuoka may only be offered in summer. Outside of that it looks like you'll need to transit via Naha.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/6 10:30
You can also fly to Osaka (Kansai) with JAL and ANA as well as with LCC Peach.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/6 13:39
Thanks for the replies.
Wish ANA website would be better.
by Harry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/6 14:11
I am not sure where exactly you saw that you could fly direct from Ishigaku to Fukuoka (not Hakata). I do not see that anywhere, but on the other hand this page clearly says that those flights are only in the summer. http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/local/book-plan/airinfo/routeinfo/dom...

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/6 15:41
That's the page I was looking for. Thanks Firas for confirming that.

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/6 18:06
I've been looking this up (and have done things like check the Ishigaki airport website for flight routes, as well as checking with skyscanner and with the individual airline sites), and have come to the same conclusion as above.

The only Ishigaki to Fukuoka flights are "in the summer". I'm looking for flights at the end of March 2016, so I'm pretty sure that doesn't qualify as "Summer", but I don't know when Summer starts.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 15:17
Very good link,Firas. I was directed by the Ana agent to a North Ameican website that does not include this page you gave.

Q is it even worth it to go to Ishigaki at all.
I wanted to go to a beachy Hawaiian type island. Any thoughts? I was just in Naha in Sept..it was toooo hot. So I wanted to go in the winter to Ishigaki to avoid extreme heat.

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 15:21
I loved Ishigaki, but maybe we're not looking for the same things (I like the small coastal town atmosphere more than the beaches themselves).

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 15:25
Oh, also, a regular JAL or ANA ticket from Ishigaki to Naha plus a LCC ticket from Naha to Fukuoka will only cost slightly more than a single EJ ticket (and could have cost less if you had booked sooner).

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 15:30
And the same is true of two LCC tickets Ishigaki-KIX-Fukuoka. You are lucky that Jan 19 is a Tuesday so prices are not very high even though it is very soon.

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 16:16
Thanks Firas.
I like coastal towns too. How many days do you suggest in ISG? I was thinking 3-4 nights. Is it worth to stay in a resort or just toyoko inn?

The problem I have now is that I planned to get a 7 day jr pass to make my trip to Japan "worth it". I wanted to fly to Hakata. But now I am left with 2 choices: Osaka or Nagoya. Both would be too close to Tokyo to make my jr pass pay for itself.

Paying single tix is a bit of a hassle for me.

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 17:13
I like coastal towns too. How many days do you suggest in ISG? I was thinking 3-4 nights.

Maybe do two nights on Ishigaki and a night on Iriomote or Taketomijima or both. Ishigaki probably has better sand beaches of the three, but there are interesting beaches and sights on the other islands as well.

Is it worth to stay in a resort or just toyoko inn?

Depends on your budget. The resorts are very nice, and I would imagine make for a better vacation feel than toyoko inn. The Toyoko inn has a pretty convenient location though to the ferries to Iriomote.

I wanted to fly to Hakata. But now I am left with 2 choices: Osaka or Nagoya.

Why not do as Firas recommended and fly via Naha. Alternatively, you could use the pass to go from Osaka to Hakata, then head back east. Only adds about 2 hours overall in transit.

Paying single tix is a bit of a hassle for me.

Buying single tickets is not very difficult and can be done in English at most major stations.

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 17:29
Thanks yllwsmrf:
Thanks for your kind answers. Flying from Ishigaki to Naha to Hakata adds an extra leg which means it will cost me extra. Double cost in fact.

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 17:43
If a JR Pass will not pay off for your itinerary, just don't buy one. Making unnatural trips just to make a pass pay off is the the way not to go about it...

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/7 20:00
Exactly. Cheapest thing is to stay at home.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/8 09:02
Thanks for the insightful answers.
I am so happy this forum exists.

Re: ANA Japan Experience ticket ISG to where 2016/1/8 10:52
Thanks for your kind answers. Flying from Ishigaki to Naha to Hakata adds an extra leg which means it will cost me extra. Double cost in fact.

It is an extra leg and extra time, but if you fly LCCs then it's only about 5000 yen (plus fees) more than the direct flight.

Then again I would still probably opt for the fly ISG to KIX and then use the railpass visit Hakata, even though they not much different overall in cost and time. Really it all comes down to how much you want to visit Hakata. It would be worth it if you really have an interest in the city, but better to skip it if you're just trying to make a railpass pay off.

reply to this thread