Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Overnight trains availability 2016/1/7 17:33
I am looking to book an overnight train from Tokyo to Takamatsu or Izumo. Do you know if it is possible to get? Dates: Jan 15, 2016.
by Harry (guest)  

Re: Overnight trains availability 2016/1/7 18:17
Just go to a ticket office and ask?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight trains availability 2016/1/7 18:28
I guess you are referring to Sunrise Izumo that departs Tokyo at 22:00.

Are you outside Japan now? Unfortunately there is no online booking; the tickets go on sale one month in advance, at JR stations, travel agencies, etc., and they tend to get booked out pretty quickly.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight trains availability 2016/1/8 04:46
Yes, I am outside Japan right now and I know someone knows how to check the system to see if the nobi2 is full.

From experience, the intl airport at Haneda jr rail office does not check availability or seats. They only issue rail pass exchange. So basically I am stuck on the day of the departure to see if I can get a seat. This makes it hard to book my toyoko inn reservations as it gets full if I book on the day of and hard to switch the dates around.

by Harry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight trains availability 2016/1/8 13:37
I reserved many seats at the JR office at Haneda when I arrived there in October 2014, I don't imagine it has changed since then. And even if it has, you can just go to Hamamatsucho or Shinagawa to do it. It is not possible to book or even check availability for overnight trains online.

Re: Overnight trains availability 2016/1/8 16:33
Hi Firas,
You are lucky.
I was at Haneda Int'l and they wouldn't do it for me. The line up was not even that long. It is a small office. Sept 2015.

There is only one JR rail office in Haneda right?
by Harry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight trains availability 2016/1/8 16:42
Yes, there is only one JR office (to your right when you face the monorail ticket gates). Maybe they don't do it when there is a line at all, I did other things before exchanging my JR Pass so there was nobody when I went there.

But in any case, you will probably pass through Hamamatsucho or Shinagawa when leaving Haneda, so you can do it there.

Re: Overnight trains availability 2016/1/8 17:25
@Firas

There is now a sign at the Haneda JR office that they will only issue reservations for today's use (did the exchange October 2015)
by Asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread