Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus service from Kanagawa to Narita Airport 2016/1/10 19:44
May I know if any express bus from Kanagawa (Hakone) to Narita airport? Can advice the price and also the time table? Our flight is at 2050 and we are planning to go airport after we check out from hotel. Is taking the bus is the best option? We are traveling with 2 kids.

If no express bus to Narita airport, can you propose the easiest way to the airport?

Thank you
by Bryan (guest)  

Re: Bus service from Kanagawa to Narita Airport 2016/1/11 09:12
No, there is no bus. I recommend to take trains. They also tend to be more reliable than buses. If I were you, I would take the Tokaido Shinkansen from Odawara to Shinagawa and then the Narita Express to the airport. It is the most comfortable and reliable method. Not the cheapest, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus service from Kanagawa to Narita Airport 2016/1/11 09:19
With 2 kids I would suggest transport with less number of transfers required. You could go Odakyu railway from Hakone (I am assuming Hakone Yumoto) to Shinjuku, then change to JR Narita Express from there (there are Narita Express trains that depart from Shinjuku or Ikebukuro) to Narita airport.

Something like:
Hakone-yumoto - via Odawara - Shinjuku by Odakyu Hakone 28 (departing 14:48, arriving at 16:20)
Shinjuku - Narita Airport by JR Narita Express 43 (deparing 16:40, arriing at 17:57)
Total fare: 5,270 yen for adults

If you have JR Pass, you can take JR between Odawara and Shinagawa/Tokyo, though you will need to change one more time.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus service from Kanagawa to Narita Airport 2016/1/11 09:58
I agree with ... that this is the even more comfortable (and cheaper) option.

Re: Bus service from Kanagawa to Narita Airport 2016/1/11 12:00
Dear All,

Thank you for your valuable input and it really help.
by Bryan (guest) rate this post as useful

first time to Japan 2016/1/17 18:51
Dear Uji,

This is our first time time to Tokyo, Japan. We wish to get your kind advise on the transportation because there are too many options of LRT card that available and we are not sure which card that we suppose to purchase to minimize our expenses. We travel with 2 adults and 2 kids. Our plan for our 8days7nights trip as follow:

Day1 - stay at hotel near Haneda airport as our flight will reach Tokyo around 10pm and it should not be easy for us to get the transport to the town.

Day 2 to Day 5 - tour around Tokyo city (including Disneyland)

Day 6 to Day 8 - go Hakone and will take flight from Narita airport at time 2045

I know there are some travel cards that only available for tourist and must buy at the airport. It will be great if you can let me know if we should buy that type of traveling card.

Thank you
by BryN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus service from Kanagawa to Narita Airport 2016/1/18 08:34
I recommend to use a Suica card to get around Tokyo. If you plan your days a little bit, then paying for each by Suica is likely to cost about the same as day passes and is much more comfortable to use because Tokyo's passes tend to be restrictive and/or expensive.

For the side trip to Hakone, I recommend a Hakone Free Pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html

reply to this thread