Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advise for self drive route in Hokkaido 2016/1/11 20:45
Hi there everyone,

I am planning my family self drive itinerary for early June trip this year. Is it advisable to drive from Lake Shikotsu onsen hotel straight to Furano Farm and making the drive back to Sapporo hotel? Google map shows about 2h45m drive from onsen hotel to Furano Farm and about 2h10m drive between Furano and Sapporo? What latest time should I leave Furano for Sapporo, in order to return rental car by 8pm in Sapporo? I am not sure should I rent the car for one more day and make the Furano trip the next day? We have two drivers to share the drive.

Hope to hear some advices/suggestions pls. Thank you!
by Tom (guest)  

Re: Advise for self drive route in Hokkaido 2016/1/12 09:03
Is it advisable to drive from Lake Shikotsu onsen hotel straight to Furano Farm and making the drive back to Sapporo hotel?

In a single day? I personally would not want to drive that far for a single farm, but if you like driving many hours, then it is possible.

Google map shows about 2h45m drive from onsen hotel to Furano Farm and about 2h10m drive between Furano and Sapporo? What latest time should I leave Furano for Sapporo, in order to return rental car by 8pm in Sapporo?

To be safe, I recommend to leave Furano by 5pm at the latest.

I am not sure should I rent the car for one more day and make the Furano trip the next day?

I personally would prefer that. Furano has many nice pensions. It comes down to a personal decision.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread