Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura bloom in Kawazu, Ito in February? 2016/1/11 22:54
Hi,

I'm planning to visit Tokyo-Kyoto in the last week of Feb. Heard that cherry blossom bloom starts first in Kwazu(河津市), Ito, which is 2-hour from Toyko. Is it a good time to see cherry blossoms in there in the last week of Feb? I'm thinking to stay 2 nights in Kwazu. Is it too much/enough?

Thanks for your advice!

Can
by Can (guest)  

Re: Sakura bloom in Kawazu, Ito in February? 2016/1/12 09:08
Heard that cherry blossom bloom starts first in Kwazu(河津市), Ito, which is 2-hour from Toyko.

The Kawazu Cherry is a cherry tree variety that blooms earlier than other varieties. It also blooms in Tokyo similarly early, The difference between Kawazu Town and Tokyo is that Kawazu Town offers hundreds of Kawazu trees in its town center and along the river, making it a very popular destination.

I am not sure about Ito.

It is currently still difficult to predict the timing of the Kawazu cherry blossoms. But usually, late February can be a good timing.

I'm thinking to stay 2 nights in Kwazu. Is it too much/enough?

It is a lot of time for Kawazu alone, but Kawazu can also be used as a base to see some other attractions of the Izu Peninsula. So, I think it can be fine.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura bloom in Kawazu, Ito in February? 2016/1/12 11:11
Thanks!
by Can (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread