Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone free pass 2016/1/12 05:29
We will be flying into Haneda airport and transferring straight to Hakone for a couple of days. Does the Hakone free pass only allow you to start your journey from Shinjuku? Whilst we will be returning to Shinjuku after Hakone, I'd planned to pay to take the monorail to Shingawa and then take the train to Hakone Yomoto via Odawara. Does anyone know if you can use the Hakone pass from Shingawa and if so where I am best buying it from, bearing in mind I'm arriving from UK to the airport? (We plan on purchasing the Japan rail pass as well before we depart). Thanks in anticipation of responses.
by Jo Williams (guest)  

Re: Hakone free pass 2016/1/12 09:19
There are two types of Hakone FreePass; one is a round-trip from Shinjuku, and the other a round-trip from Odawara. You could alight at Odawara and then buy the FreePass there, and pay for the return trip from Odawara to Shinjuku.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone free pass 2016/1/12 11:18
and the other a round-trip from Odawara

The "free area" starts from Odawara. Technically, no round-trip is included with the pass that is purchased in Odawara.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone free pass 2016/1/12 11:24
My mistake. Thanks for correcting!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread