Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass question 2016/1/12 18:22
I will be traveling to Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya, Takayama, Shirakwago,Toyama and do the Alphine tour before end at Nagano and last stop to Tokyo.

may i know if i use the Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass, can 1

1) use it to travel from Osaka to Kyoto
2) use it to travel in local trains, subways in Osaka and in Kyoto
3) use it to travel from Toyama to Alphine Route before starting the Alphine tour
4) use it travel with Nagoya, Takayama and Toyama subway and train?

Thank you for helping to answer.

Lydia
by LydiaSG  

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass question 2016/1/12 20:08
This pass is offered by JR, so it is only valid on JR trains. In particular, it is not valid on subways.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass question 2016/1/13 07:58
1) use it to travel from Osaka to Kyoto

Yes, but only on JR trains (except shinkansen).

2) use it to travel in local trains, subways in Osaka and in Kyoto

You can use it on JR trains in central Osaka (and access to Kansai Airport). In Kyoto, you can only use the JR Tokaido Line. Other lines and all other non-JR companies are not covered.

3) use it to travel from Toyama to Alphine Route before starting the Alphine tour

The Alpine Route starts in Toyama. If you refer to Tateyama Station as the starting point, then, no, the pass does not cover the train between Toyama and Tateyama. See the coverage map here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_takayama_hokuriku.html

4) use it travel with Nagoya, Takayama and Toyama subway and train?

Urban local transportation is not covered in any of these cities. Only the main JR lines shown on the map on the above-linked page.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread