Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow at Shirakawa-go Village in Feb 2016? 2016/1/13 01:42
I've heard that the weather this year is a bit strength comparing to the previous year. Actually, Shirakawa-go Village should be covered by snow at this time but not.

I just hope that on 10 - 11 Feb, I'd have a chance to see first snow in my life :(

Or if you have any suggestion about where can I see snow (not far from Osaka) please let me know

Thank you
by Guin (guest)  

Re: Snow at Shirakawa-go Village in Feb 2016? 2016/1/13 08:10
Actually, Shirakawa-go Village should be covered by snow at this time but not.

Indeed, at this time of the year, Shirakawago sees on average almost a meter of snow, but right now there is none.

I think there is a good chance that by mid February there will be snow, but it cannot be 100% guaranteed.

Or if you have any suggestion about where can I see snow (not far from Osaka) please let me know

Shirakawago is your best bet. If there is none in Shirakawago, you would have to travel further into the mountains. Maybe Okuhida?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Snow at Shirakawa-go Village in Feb 2016? 2016/1/13 08:14
Yes, this year has been warmer than usual, but this week the weather has turned cooler. The mountain areas are expecting snow this week and the long-range forecast even has some for Tokyo.

However, as at today there does not look to be much snow on the ground http://shirakawa-go.org/livecam/
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Snow at Shirakawa-go Village in Feb 2016? 2016/1/14 11:42
Check the webcam today - lots of snow :)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Snow at Shirakawa-go Village in Feb 2016? 2016/1/14 18:18
Thank you for all comments :)

Watch live cam today ard, Lot's of snow !
by faiyguin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow at Shirakawa-go Village in Feb 2016? 2016/1/19 12:02
on live camera I cannot see any movement. Is this live?
I plan to visit on Feb 14. How thick of snow at that time?
by Viboon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow at Shirakawa-go Village in Feb 2016? 2016/1/19 13:05
it's a camera which takes still pictures periodically, not streaming video.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread