Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/13 02:25
hi...I'm actually intending to visit osaka on 7-11 April, is anyone here have an idea if there's still Sakura blossom on that week date

It will be a big help to me, then I can plan my trip properly. this is my 1st time as well to visit japan..thanks so much, appreciated!!!
by Jerlyn  

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/13 08:12
It is too early to make predictions for 2016! If it becomes a late year (which currently looks unlikely), you may be too early. In case you miss the main season, you are rather likely still in time to see the late-blooming varieties, such as the one at the Osaka. In case you are late, it is also not too difficult to make side trips to nearby areas that are still in bloom, e.g. Yoshino or Hikone.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/14 03:10
Hi,
understand that last year was full bloom on 1 Apr. So this year will be late ? likely around when ?
TQ.
by Corinna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/14 03:12
Is there somewhere we can refer to for the 2016 predictions for kyoto and osaka?

TQ.
by Corinna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/14 07:37
Like the first reply said, it's still way too early to make predictions for the coming sakura season.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/14 08:22
In the case of an early season, would that time frame miss out on the Cherry Blossoms in Osaka? I'm planning a similar trip so just curious.
by Beeb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/14 08:27
This website has a yearly sakura report for many of the touristy places. Please do a search on this site and you'll find it. From that you can get some idea of when they may bloom where....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/25 23:22
Last year the full blossom in Osaka was in early April but the cherry blossoms in the Mint Bureau was full in around 10 April. It was awesome!
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/26 08:59
Yes, I was at the Osaka Mint on Saturday April 11th - beautiful blossoms and quite a mob scene....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/27 09:26
Now with the cold winter snap.. will this delay the bloom of Sakura?
by Flowergirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/27 10:25
Sakura predictions are out:

http://www.japan-guide.com/sakura/

Osaka best viewing is estimated for April 3-11 but that that with a huge grain of salt. It's still way too early for these to very accurate.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/27 14:38
Now with the cold winter snap.. will this delay the bloom of Sakura?

Shouldn't this actually hasten it?
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura blossom on April 2016 in Osaka 2016/1/27 16:37
Depends when it occurs, how many snaps there are and how long the snap(s) lasts. For example, a cold snap followed by a period of warm weather might hasten the opening, but multiple cold snaps could delay the opening.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread