Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Barber / shaving supplies Shinjuku 2016/1/15 17:48
1. Anyone know the best places to get a haircut (basically I just get everything cut off, easy!) and straight razor shave? I've been told that the absolute best places also massage, shampoo, remove nose/face/ear hair, etc. the whole nine yards. I would like to try this out at least one. And, of course, I live by Akebonobashi station.

2. Any thoughts on buying hair clippers here to cut my own hair. I know the above will be quite expensive so I only want to try it once. After that, I'd like to get back to what I always do and cut my own hair.

2a. Are the Japanese brands any good? Which ones are the best?
2b. Is there any good place to check out the best selection of wet shaving supplies that Tokyo has to offer? I have the Feather razor and some other stuff at home but I didn't bring it with me since I wanted to see what Tokyo has. I'm also interested in the best soaps, cologne, shaving creams, etc. if you have experience in these areas. Thank you!
by SamuelBrown  

Re: Barber / shaving supplies Shinjuku 2016/1/16 01:35
You can try Tokyu Hands Shinjuku next to Takashimaya Times Square. They are a huge variety store selling loads and loads of products including beauty and toiletry items.
by CaiDY rate this post as useful

Re: Barber / shaving supplies Shinjuku 2016/2/1 13:40
Yesterday, I found a place in Shibuya that offers 17,000 shave/haircuts. I think I will try one of their lower priced selections and ask inquire where they source their materials since Tokyo Hands hasn't yielded any high quality products.
by SamuelBrown rate this post as useful

reply to this thread