Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train ticket to Otaru without the Pass? 2016/1/17 17:31
Hi, I wonder if someone could help me please. I do not wanna buy "Sapporo - Otaru Welcome Pass" as I will not take many Sapporo subway rides. By purchasing sole Sapporo - Otaru ticket will be cheaper for me.

My questions are as follows:

1. Can I buy a train ticket from Sapporo to Otaru at JR Sapporo Station? Will tickets likely not be available, such as sold out?

2. Can I buy it at JR New-Chitose Airport desk as well?

3. Is JR New-Chitose Airport desk located on the first floor?

4. On the way back to Sapporo, can I buy a ticket and catch a train at Minamiotaru Station?

Thank you very much : )
by Red Eagle 112  

Re: Train ticket to Otaru without the Pass? 2016/1/17 18:35
Those trains are regular commuter (rapid) trains, so they never sell out unless you want a reserved seat. Most people would use an IC card such as Suica, Pasmo or Icoca, but if you really want tickets (especially for reserved seats), you can buy them at any JR ticket counter.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Sapporo-Otaru Pass in Otaru 2016/1/25 23:30
Hi
I intend to travel from Sapporo to Otaru for a day trip. As the rush hour in Japan is between 7am to 9am, I believe if I avoid the rush hour, I might end up arriving at Otaru by noon if there is no issues with the train.

I used google to route my journey and found that there will be significant delays. I am unable to translate this and would be glad if anyone can help me.
函館本線[札幌〜岩見沢] 列車遅延
"21:45頃、稲積公園駅で発生した人身事故の影響で、現在も一部列車に遅れが出ています。"

If anyone can advice me if there is any major issues with the train system from Sapporo to Otaru. I am intending to travel to Otaru on 10th Feb.

When we arrive to Otaru, I believe that it would be only 3 hours for us to move around before sunset. Does the pass cover buses around Otaru?

Thank you

by HappyWanderer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train ticket to Otaru without the Pass? 2016/1/26 02:18
using google translate gives you a clumsy but adequate translation.

There was an accident which caused a delay. But this applies to the present not to a train journey in the future.

Otaru is pretty compact... I maybe didn't see anything Otaru had to offer but I certainly didn't have to use buses to get around.

Also I also don't think that rushhour will be so bad. I had to stand when I returned from Otaru to Sapporo but that was due to the many tourists.
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train ticket to Otaru without the Pass? 2016/1/31 14:02
Thanks for the answer, Firas : )
by Red Eagle 112 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread