Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where can I find Sakuma Drops in shibuya? 2016/1/19 15:37
I'm planning to visit a short trip to Shibuya, Japan. I will stay near Hachiko statue. I'm seeking for Sakuma Drops, a candy that appears on Ghibli's film, Grave of The Fireflies. Can you tell me where can I find it near my place?
by Kennardi (guest)  

Re: where can I find Sakuma Drops in shibuya? 2016/1/19 21:00
Try Okashi no machioka in Hiroo.
It's a candy shop.
by jptojp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where can I find Sakuma Drops in shibuya? 2016/1/20 04:48
Donki Shibuya(10:00 - 4:30), 3 mins from Hachiko, sells sweets goods, I think they sell Sakuma Drops, but a 100% guaranteed.

Also, Tokyu department head store(10:00 - 20:00), opposite Donki Shibuya, there is an international supermarket called "MEIDI-YA" on B1 floor, I think they also sell Sakuma Drops.

Sakuma Drops with can(tin) is not very popular candy, not available at major food and grocery shops.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: where can I find Sakuma Drops in shibuya? 2016/2/6 21:38
They are available on ebay (6.50/$9 post free). Not what you want to hear, I expect, but I only have limited suitcase space, so anything available on ebay is banned from my shopping list when I'm in JP.

It's possible that you can get them from folk selling Ghibli merchandise, so you might try Kiddyland on Omotesando street (one stop on the metro or Yamanote line from Shibuya). Not 100% sure though.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where can I find Sakuma Drops in shibuya? 2016/2/10 23:43
Sakuma drops can be found in a department store Takeya. This is in Okachimach, one stop from Ueno, on the Yamanote line.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+110324

I can confirm the information in the link above. Takeya is also the only place where I've seen the old style tin can. Tokyu Hands in Ikebukuro had them in a Hello Kitty can a year ago.

I don't know a place to buy them in Shibuya, sorry. Takeya in Okachimachi is not far from the station and I think you can find it no problem.
by Zappy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where can I find Sakuma Drops in shibuya? 2016/2/11 09:32
They're not too hard to find and I often see them in supermarket candy sections, so you may just want to drop in one and look before making a special trip somewhere.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread