Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumo wrestling 2016/1/26 16:21
Hi, I would like to buy general admission tickets to the sumo wrestling in Osaka in March (Sunday 20th March). Can I only buy general admission tickets on the day at the venue? Is it possible to buy general admission tickets from a 7/11 or Lawson store?
Thanks!
by Tatsu3162  

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/1/26 16:27
According to their website general admission tickets can only be bought at the venue on the day of:

http://sumo.pia.jp/en/sumo03.jsp
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/1/26 16:40
Many thanks for your quick response.
by Tatsu3162 rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/2/7 10:42
Hello - I, too, would like to buy general admission tickets. Does that apply to the last two final days/weekends?
by Deanna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/2/11 17:55
i have the same question i need a general admission ticket for 26th or 27th in Osaka is it possible to find early in the stadium?
by Panos (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/2/12 07:00
General admission tickets - on sale from 8 am, one per person (in person). They can sell out fast and people do arrive early to get seats.

The final weekend and day is very popular. The 27th sold out in a few minutes and the 26th shortly afterwards (I spent two hours on the official sites trying to get my order accepted). Eventually got some tickets via a wait-list (for the 26th).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/3/10 08:26
Hello,

I am also looking for 2 tickets on March 25th.... Would you suggest just going in the morning?

Many thanks,

Natalie
by Natalie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/3/17 14:10
hi there,
i am going to tokyo only with my wife and 3 kids 6,4 and 3years old form 24th march to 7th april. Is it ok for kids to go to sumo wrestling too or are there age restrictions? was also wondering about price for tickets?
Thank you.
by globalkid rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/3/17 17:04
Sumo is in Osaka, not Tokyo this tournament. Children are fine.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo wrestling 2016/3/20 09:01
Just an update for those interested...
We arrived just after 6am this morning and joined the queue to buy tickets. We were numbers 145 to 148 and managed to get 3 adult (2100 yen x 3) and one child (200 yen) tickets. A couple who arrived at 7.20 am and joined the queue missed out. I only noticed this as they stopped to ask us what time we got there before they went to end of line. Once the vouchers were handed out (that number you so you can buy a ticket) I noticed they missed out. Please note everyone who needs a ticket must be physically present (even kids). The process is one person one ticket for general admission so you can't just send one person to buy tickets for the whole family. Kids are considered to be up to junior high (Japan system). Our daughter is 11 and we only got charged 200 yen for her. The last weekend will be very popular so try to get there as early as you can. Ticket booth opened around 8am.
Hope this helps!
by Tatsu3162 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread