Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is anime or manga cheaper? 2016/1/30 15:35
Hi. Is anime or manga cheaper (I want to know in the US). I live in the US, and I keep switching back and forth between anime and manga, and I am on a low budget, so I am trying to decide which is cheaper and need help.

So, is anime (streaming and DVD for series unavailable by legal streaming) or manga (Physical Volumes, Kindle/E-reader Volumes, and Weekly Shonen Jump/other magazine) cheaper?

tl;dr Is anime or manga cheaper?
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Is anime or manga cheaper? 2016/1/31 10:49
I guess it depends on how much manga you would buy in a month as opposed to paying a subscription fee to an anime streaming service.

Have you checked out CrunchyRoll (http://www.crunchyroll.com) ?
They offer anime and online manga for free, but you get more access for a nominal monthly subscription fee.

by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is anime or manga cheaper? 2016/1/31 13:05
I'd imagine this would depend purely on the type/brand of anime/manga you want to consume. Newer stuff will be more expensive, older stuff cheaper, regardless of media. Also, not all series are available as both manga and anime.

Have you tried Googling/Ebay to compare prices?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is anime or manga cheaper? 2016/2/2 14:48
Anime is way more expensive in Japan. Streaming services in Japan are much worse (less selection) than the US and physical media is at least 5x more expensive (not an exaggeration). In the past a full season of anime was $120-$200, and these days it is not rare for popular anime to be $300 for the full season.
by Anime (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is anime or manga cheaper? 2016/2/2 14:50
Sorry i misunderstood your question. In the US you can easily enjoy both anime and manga cheaply through crunchy roll. There is no need to pick if you have a subscription
by Anime (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is anime or manga cheaper? 2016/2/4 18:14
theirs several places i use crunchyroll and funimation sites for anime. crunchroll does anime and manga. but for a free site i downloaded a app called z manga zingbox on the google app store for free and its loaded with all sorts of manga and updated regurally.
by akumamatt33 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread