Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

is 70,000 yen enough to travel kansai area? 2016/2/1 15:24
i wanna ask is 70,000 Yen enough to cover one week's expenses?

it is mainly for food, some entrance to shrines and local transportation and souvenirs. i had paid for accommodation. i will be staying in arashiyama and will go to nara and osaka for day trip.

do i need to buy kansai thru pass or JR west pass or both to move around kansai area?

thanks!!
by jae0hee (guest)  

Re: is 70,000 yen enough to travel kansai area? 2016/2/1 15:43
If accomodation is paid for, yes, 10,000 yen per day is more than enough.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: is 70,000 yen enough to travel kansai area? 2016/2/1 19:34
i wanna ask is 70,000 Yen enough to cover one week's expenses?
It purely depends on your preference. Personally I think 6,000-7,000 is more than comfortable. For a quick estimate:
Temples - Generally around 500 yen per temple. Shrines in the area are generally free (Kitano Tenmangu, Fushimi Inari)
Souvenirs - Cheap keychains/sweets/books around 500 to 1,000 yen. Traditional clothing like kimonos would be upwards of 2000 yen.
Local transport - At least 1000 yen a day if you are staying in Arashiyama (JR train to Kyoto and back is 500 yen without JR pass, plus 500 yen day bus pass).
Food - I generally assume 500 yen for breakfast, 1,000 for lunch, and 1,500 for dinner. If you want more luxurious meals, you would be looking in excess of 3,000.

do i need to buy kansai thru pass or JR west pass or both to move around kansai area?
Do a cost estimate on http://www.hyperdia.com/en/ once you know where you want to go. Usually a JR Kansai pass won't pay off if you go between Kyoto and Osaka. However, since you are staying at Arashiyama it might, especially since you can use the pass within Osaka local trains.
by Taiakun rate this post as useful

Re: is 70,000 yen enough to travel kansai area? 2016/2/1 19:35
Sorry...6,000-7,000 yen per day to be more correct...
by Taiakun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread