Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/1 20:20
I'll be going to Japan this April for Cherry Blossom Viewing

APRIL 2 (stay Miyajima)
-Arrive Nagoya Airport (6am) - (Head to Miyajima Hotel) - (Travel around Hiroshima and MIyajima )

April 3 (stay kobe)
-Miyajima hotel - Himeji Caste - Kobe Hotel (drop of luggage) - 12pm Visit Osaka(subway around) - Osaka back to Kobe hotel night time (last train)

April 4 (stay kobe)
Kobe (hotel) - lunch in Kyoto(subway around) - Kyoto back to Kobe Hotel night (last train)

April 5 (stay nagoya)
Kobe (hotel) - Nagoya Hotel - Spend time in Nagoya(subway travel around) - last night in nagoya hotel

April 6
Nagoya hotel - late night plane 10pm Nagoya Airport

WOULD THE 7 day travel pass be best?

THANK YOU
by robbytaipei  

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/2 10:24
Day 1: Even arriving in Nagoya at 6am, you won't see much of Hiroshima/Miyajima; you're unlikely to get there before lunch time! This day is too crowded.

Day 2: Miyajima to Himeji takes over 1.5 hours; do you want to visit inside the castle, or just see the outside? The interior tours are very busy since the recent renovations and you'll need to arrive close to opening time to be allowed straight inside, and not have to line up and wait. Then you want to drop your luggage off in Kobe and head back to Osaka? I would just go all the way to Osaka and leave the luggage in the station for the day. This will save you time.

Other days look fine.

To decide which pass you need (if any), use Hyperdia (hyperdia.com/en) to calculate your train fares and see if a pass pays off. Remember there are more than just the nationwide JR Passes - this website has a comprehensive list.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/2 11:04
Any reason why you chose Kobe for the nights of April 3 and 4 (and Nagoya for the night of 5th)? If you stay in Osaka, you'll be closer to Kyoto, and you will not be backtracking a lot.

Also... unless you have something in particular you want to see in Nagoya, or you have been to Kyoto before, I would spend more time in Kyoto.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/2 11:12
First of all I couldn't find any places to stay in Kyoto/Osaka so I decided to book 2 nights in Kobe. I would travel to Kyoto on one day and Osaka on the other during the day and come back at night.

Would it be better than for me to arrive at Fukuoka Airport but it would be around 10am so I would get to Hiroshima around noon.

For himeji caste i just want to look around the castle and if we are early and no line we will go inside.

OR

Just cancel Hiroshima/Miyajima and add a extra day in kyoto or osaka.

To me 1-2 hours on the bullet train is okay .
by robbytaipei rate this post as useful

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/2 11:16
I would keep Hiroshima, but cut out one day from Nagoya (unless you have something particular you want to see there?) and spend another day in Kyoto. You can keep luggage at a coin locker at the Kyoto station. As it is, you have almost two days in Nagoya, only one in Kyoto.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/2 11:24
My flight is on the last day at 10pm so i should be at the airport at 7pm .

So it would be a better idea to book my hotel on the last night in kyoto instead of Nagoya and visit Nagoya on the day I leave for my flight before 7pm.

and How about flying to Fukuoka instead of Nagoya to get to Hiroshima . I know i save 1 hour 30 mins but i get to nagoya at 6am and fukuoka at 10am on the same day.

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/2 12:07
You'll arrive in Hiroshima later if you arrive at Fukuoka airport at 10am. Remember, you're not jumping straight on a train after you land at an airport - you have to clear Customs, leave the airport, get to the station to catch the train... That's why I said that, arriving in Nagoya at 6am, you'd probably reach Hiroshima about lunch time.

Have you considered staying the whole time in the Kansai area and doing Hiroshima/Miyajima as a day trip? You could travel from Nagoya to Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe, spend the rest of the day there, and then use a full day to see Hiroshima and Miyajima. This would also mean you are potentially staying at only one hotel, minimising the time you will spend checking in/out and moving around.

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/2 17:51
Hi, so far i could only find kobe hotels for a good price.

so instead of moving around i could stay for kobe for 3 nights and on my last night i'll stay in kyoto. the final day i would just travel to nagoya and fly back home at night.

OR

is hiroshima /miyajima really worth it during cherry blossom time? i mean i'll be able to see the blossoms at kyoto and osaka.

it says it will take 2.5 hours to get there from kobe station.

THANKS A LOT

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/2 18:14
My flight is on the last day at 10pm so i should be at the airport at 7pm

I really wonder where people get this 3-hour myth...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Is this itinerary okay? 2016/2/3 07:29
3 hours is when international check-in opens. I like arriving at check-in time because then I stress less!

Hiroshima/Miyajima is quite a distance, and there are more attractive blossom locations in the Kansai area. Just stay in Kobe the whole time and do day trips to Osaka and Kyoto.

reply to this thread