Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days in Tokyo & Sapporo 2016/2/3 15:41
Hi. We are planning 3 days in Sapporo and 5 days in Tokyo next month. Would like to have some comments and help on our itinerary please :

Dat 1- Flight touches down at NRT 3pm. Plan to book a 6pm flight out to Sapporo. Wonder if I should book this domestic flight in advance or can I buy the ticket at NRT? As I'm worried if my flight to NRT got delayed then I may miss the connecting flight. I'm looking into budget airlines only please.

Estimate reaching Sapporo about 9pm. We don't want to waste the night so wonder what time does Susukino restaurants close ?

Day 2- Odori Park, Beer Museum, etc

Day 3- JR Train to Otaru for day trip

Day 4 - Early morning flight to Tokyo. Any recommendation on which is more convenient to get to Tokyo city from Haneda or NRT from CTS or any other airport by trains? Have yet to book this flight.

Day 5-- Tokyo

Day 6- Day tour to Mt Fuji & Hakone

Day 7 - Tokyo

Day 8- Late afternoon flight back home

Thanks for all help rendered :-)
by lseehk  

Re: 7 days in Tokyo & Sapporo 2016/2/3 17:25
You should book your flights early. If you book at the last minute, seats may no longer be available, or be very expensive.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days in Tokyo & Sapporo 2016/2/3 18:06
Dat 1- Flight touches down at NRT 3pm. Plan to book a 6pm flight out to Sapporo. Wonder if I should book this domestic flight in advance or can I buy the ticket at NRT?

I agree with Firas, book as early as possible to get reasonable rates. Have you looked at the ANA experience Japan fare? That may actually be the best option considering the price and services offered. More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html

As I'm worried if my flight to NRT got delayed then I may miss the connecting flight. I'm looking into budget airlines only please.

If you book through on one airline, then it this shouldn't be an issue. They will just rebook you if you miss your flight. LCCs do not offer this type of security however.

Estimate reaching Sapporo about 9pm. We don't want to waste the night so wonder what time does Susukino restaurants close ?

It's an entertainment district, so they close quite late.

Day 4 - Early morning flight to Tokyo. Any recommendation on which is more convenient to get to Tokyo city from Haneda or NRT from CTS or any other airport by trains? Have yet to book this flight.

Haneda without a doubt. It can also be cheaper, especially when you factor in transport between the airport and the city.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days in Tokyo & Sapporo 2016/2/4 03:04
Thanks for your responses. Much appreciated. I've just booked our international flight into NRT. Next is the domestic leg. Anyone knows what are my chances of missing a 5.10pm flight if I'm scheduled to arrive at 2.50pm? I'll need to travel from Terminal 1 to 3 on the shuttle bus after collecting baggage and going through customs. Once again, appreciate any help :-)
by lseehk rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days in Tokyo & Sapporo 2016/2/4 03:08
You would miss it if and only if your inbound flight has a major delay, there is no way to estimate that.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread