Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning a 1-day Mt Fuji trip 2016/2/3 22:50
I was planning to take the Golden Tour offered by Japanican, but it's unavailable on our dates. So I need some help making a 1 day plan for Fuji. We are coming from Komagome station, and we have the JR Pass. We'd prefer to skip the Fuji-Q Highland theme park.

If anyone can help me make a simple day trip itinerary, that would be great since I'm not familiar with traveling in that area, like what buses to take. We just want to go to a place where we can have a good view of Mt Fuji and maybe see the surrounding lakes and landmarks. Is it a good idea to go to Hakone and ride the ropeway instead?

Our planned date is March 18 but some people told me the 5th station will not be accessible, so maybe we will skip that too?
by Rina (guest)  

Re: Planning a 1-day Mt Fuji trip 2016/2/4 10:46
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+134106

If you are thinking of a day trip using trains, I would suggest going to Lake Kawaguchiko area. Lake Kawaguchiko is a lot closer to Mt. Fuji than Hakone, and in Hakone part of the ropeway is currently closed.

You can go from Shinjuku to Otsuki on JR, then take Fujikyu Railway from there.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6906.html
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Planning a 1-day Mt Fuji trip 2016/2/4 10:54
Currently, you're looking at visiting many different places around Mt. Fuji, and transport between them is not easy or efficient. I would focus on one "Fuji area" if you're only doing a day trip.

Currently the Hakone ropeway is partly closed (indefinitely) due to volcanic activity - you won't be able to get the magnificent views of Fuji it can provide.

I would Google "one-day Fuji itineraries" - that will help you find options.

Regardless of which area you choose to visit, aim to start as early as possible - Mt. Fuji is more likely to be seen in the early morning, before the clouds sweep in and cover it.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread