Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel Pass 2016/2/4 17:42
I will be going to Japan next month to just these locations.

Nagoya / Nagoya Airport / Osaka / Kobe / Kyoto

I'll be doing a lot of back and forth travelling from kobe since I couldn't find any hotels in osaka and kyoto.

5 nights only in Japan. would like to use the Shinkansen for travelling between these places . (a lot of subway travel also inside cities)

Would the 7 day pass be my best option or is there another pass just for these areas ?

THANK YOU

by robbytaipei  

Re: Travel Pass 2016/2/5 11:07
Write down all your shinkansen trips. Use Hyperdia (hyperdia.com/en) to calculate the fares. Compare the total cost to the cost of a JR Pass.

We can't tell you if it will be worth it without knowing all the trips you want to take. It's easy enough to work out yourself.

Remember that there are more passes available than just the nationwide JR Passes. This website has a comprehensive list of them available. There may be one that suits your travel plans better.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel Pass 2016/2/5 13:32
Please note that summing up JR basic fares leg by leg does not always make the entire JR basic fares; sometimes you can pay for successive JR legs.

I will be going to Japan next month to just these locations.

Have you given up your idea to visit Hiroshima City (and Miyajima Island)?
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+134175

In response to your message sent to my mailbox, I made my replies on February 4, where I recommend you would modify your itinerary (with the accommodations unchanged) and make a combination of JR regular tickets and a JR-West Kansai-Hiroshima Area Pass.
If you don't travel as far as to Hiroshima, there should be a better choice.

(a lot of subway travel also inside cities)

Subway networks are maintained by non-JR operators.
I guess you will have no or very few chances to have a JR ride inside City of Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka or Kobe.

is there another pass just for these areas?

Which sites in these cities do you have in mind?

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread