Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I'm in Shakai Hoken but NHI wants money 2016/2/5 01:51
Hello,

last year February I started working at a company which enrolled me in Shakai Hoken, employee's health insurance. I contacted my ward office's NHI center and told them about the changes.
They were telling me it's okay.

In May, I had to go and see a doctor. I was using my Shakai Hoken.

Last week, I recieved a letter from the NHI claiming I hadn't paid since MAY and that I shall pay soon. Also, that I should pick up my new card.

I don't understand it at all. I told them in MARCH I'm in shakai hoken (my card's been valid starting March 7th), and the last NHI bill for 6 days of March had been paid.
They didn't ask me for any money for the rest of March and April.
But after visiting thedoctor with SHAKAI HOKEN(!!!!) they want me to pay the NHI though I'm paying shakai hoken monthly?!?!?

The ward office dude is only telling me to pay and no real help.
I even brought my payment slips to prove I'm paying SH!
by help (guest)  

Re: I'm in Shakai Hoken but NHI wants money 2016/2/5 18:25
So in March you changed from NHI to your employees' health insurance scheme, and in May you visited a doctor and used your company-provided employees' health insurance card, correct?

You might have to sort it out with the human resources/personnel department of your employer. They will need to show that you are enrolled in their scheme, and that your contribution has been paid through deduction from your salary. The ward office's record might simply be wrong.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I'm in Shakai Hoken but NHI wants money 2016/2/5 18:39
what kind of money they ask for payment ?
I think they ask payment of UNPAID national health insurance fee (probably the last month, March).
look your old salary payment slips. when your first payment of insurance fee started ?

the records of shakai-hoken and kokumin-kenkou-hoken are connected. there should be no mistake of over (double) payment.
if you made double payments, they will ask you a refund.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I'm in Shakai Hoken but NHI wants money 2016/2/5 22:12
They always deduct Shakai Hoken from my salary and I know both are connected, so I was shocked to recieve the letter

They want money from May 2015- now, although I enrolled in SH in March - and they didn't ask for April SO I assume they DO KNOW I'm in SH.
by Help (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I'm in Shakai Hoken but NHI wants money 2016/2/5 23:19
They always deduct Shakai Hoken from my salary
this "they" is the company.
"They want money from May 2015- now"
this "they" is city office.

very strange.
you have to clarify the exact reason.
why don't you ask the company ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread