Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 16:10
Can someone kindly advise as to the most efficient way to travel from Yufuin to Nagasaki? Many thanks.
by weihan2013  

Re: Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 18:02
Cost efficient? or time efficient?
The former would be take a coach to Fukuoka or Kumamoto than to Nagasaki. The latter would be to take a limited express (Yufu/Yufuin no mori) to Tosu and then another limited express (Kamome) to Nagasaki station.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 21:07
If you're going to take a bus, there are direct ones. http://www.oitakotsu.co.jp/timetable/sunlight/
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 21:18
Thanks! Direct bus sounds good, can't read Japanese, does it say where I can take the bus? And how much it costs?
by weihan2013 rate this post as useful

Re: Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 21:22
The bus stop at Yufuin is 湯布院インター, if you cllick the link you will see it on a map (it's about two kilometers from Yufuin station so you may have to take a taxi or local bus to reach it).

Yufuin to Nagasaki is 4,110 yen.

Re: Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 22:12
I see, thanks, do you know how long it takes and is there any way I can buy/reserve tickets one day before departure?

Re: Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 22:28
Just use google translate... It takes about three hours, and you can reserve online or at ticket windows. It's not clear whether there is a ticket windows at the stop at Yufuin.

Re: Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 23:27
Thank you!

JH, if I take the train, is it faster? Would I be able to get the tickets at the yufuin JR station a day before?

Re: Yufuin to Nagasaki 2016/2/5 23:35
For trains, use Hyperdia for times, and consult the many resources available (such as this website) for ticketing.

reply to this thread